Ok, thank you for all your feedback and ideas.
I think we have a pretty good combination of gameplay elements now and the mod is on a good way.
Status at the moment:
- We can not have a construction effect so
- All ships are called in as Reinforcement
- They can be called from Gates and some other ships (no easy to get)
- Sector buildslots can "build" Gates, Defenses or other functional stations
- Sectors are some sort of small map on their own - but on your real map
- Industrials "harvest" at platforms and later unload at industrial dropoff stations or Frighters
- Owning a Sector will grant access to the objects connected to it
- Owning this Objects may also generate Income
- You travel at least 10 times faster if not in a Sector
- You can only call in Reinforcements inside a sector
- You can only fight inside a Sector
- You only can see enemy players Stuff inside a sector if one of your ships is inside
- You should be able to easily add new maps to the mod. Even if you are new to scripting.
- If you know how spherical coodrinates work you should be able to create whatever you like to see with the given Objects.
Introduce passive research - The idea:
- You build a research Station in a Sector wich will grant you "research points"
- There may be different types of research stations - like Weapon, Armour, Regeneration, ....
- Regarding to the type of station you will unlock research over time
- Research would increase an attribute with +5% (like eve leveling for most ships)
- Research could also unluck ships chassis over time
- Ancient race objects on the map wich may be salvaged to get additional research unlocks
There are also a few other ideas regarding gamemodes,
but before thinking about another gamemode i should finish this one and get it online.
As always I'm still open to new Ideas, critics . . . wahtever.
P.S. Should I try to set up a forum here?