As 2017 draws to a close, I thought I’d round up some of the things that happened over the past year, and look ahead to what 2018 will bring.
Here are some interesting statistics from the past year:
- Over 19,000 downloads on Steam
- 262 Steam reviews (74% positive)
- Nearly 200 Steam forum posts
- Over 30 content updates (many more undocumented)
- Over 300 builds (some are duds and don’t go live)
- 2,829 commits in source control
- Over 40 GB of content (raw levels, code, textures, models, sounds)
- 18 development blog videos on YouTube
Concept level based on photograph of sewer - view tweet
These will propagate into the update news posts on Steam, but if you want to get more detail from behind the scenes and development updates as they happen then Twitter is the place.
The next year is going to be a big year for Estranged: Act II, with the first content update of 2018 arriving very soon. There will be more action, story and awesome environments to experience in the next few months – the fisherman’s voyage is not yet complete!
Upcoming changes to forest level
I touch on it every news post, but I want to thank every person reading this for being involved in the project – whether you’re waiting for the series to be complete, or you’re playing the content updates as they are released – thank you all.
Here’s to 2018!