Escape from the Afterlife is an amazing mod made by @mouse, but development stopped at 2004 in 1.45c version. So now in 2020, new versions by @erevos (me) brings EftA back to life. So, in this new versions im fixing the nasty bugs and im adding all sorts of amazing QoL addons & features.
Escape from the Afterlife is an amazing mod made by @mouse. Development stopped at 2004. So now in 2020 a new versions bring EftA back to life by @erevos (me). This new versions are coming packed with new features and great QoL stuff. Come and join the escape!
Changelog of 1.53:
- Added an extra resolution 1280x768 setting it as default
(be aware, other res caused issues for some players)
- Adjusted enemies aggro/velocity for the new resolution
- Character screen displays more stats -life steal, curse resist etc-
- Rearrange auto-sort buttons for the new resolution
- Added many new monsters with their sfx's from "Pagan Heart" mod
- Revamped Screens & UI
- Recolored Tiles for Act1 by SheX
- Recolored Tiles for Act2 by SheX
- Recolored Trees for Act3 by SheX
- Fixed Howl and Roar not working both as Heroine's and on items skills
- Removed Baal's Lair map causing a crash
- A UI bug with Attack Rating
(delete any previous version, keep your save folder)
1. Unzip Escape from the Afterlife_1_53.7z
2. Run the Escape from the Afterlife_1_53.exe
3. Navigate and Select your Diablo II\MODS folder, press extract.
4. Run your D2SE mod manager, play!
- a rare crash in jail lvls by Huntress's pet: Wyvern Call (probably)
@mouse (EftA's original creator)
@andsimo and the whole Discord community
@Revan for D2tweaks.dll
@Dav92 for D2ExpRes.dll
@( ?° ?? ?°) for testing and bugs hunting
@Johannes Bohm for "Johnny's Mod 1.22"
@Phrozen Heart & @Pagan Rainfall for "Pagan Heart"
@Havvoric for D2Newstats.dll
P.S.: I want EftA packed with its own uniqueness, to become a tribute to some older favorite mods, like Johnny's mod, Pagan Heart and more!
General Features of Escape from the Afterlife (or EftA)
- Higher Resolution (1280x768)
- D2SE compatible (and a must for EftA's functionality)
- PlugY 5.06 (without unassigment skills)
- Auto gold pickup
- Auto-sort inventory, cube, stash
- Loot filter
- Floating damage numbers
- Moving items to stash & vise versa with ctrl+left click
- Fully equipped Mercs
6 NEW CLASSES:
- Druid is now Summoner - Minions and Elemental Skills
- Amazon is now Huntress - Pure Bow with Traps
- Barbarian is now Viking - Melee & Elemental Attacks
- Necromancer is now Magi - Elemental Attacks and Elementals
- Sorceress is now Heroine - Melee attacks, Dodges & Werewolf Transformation
- Paladin is now Hero - Melee Attacks & Werebear Transformation
- Assassin is now Witch - Curses, Poison & Summoning
- 33 skills for each class, many of which are new
- each level up grants 3 skill points
- first point in each skill is free (for experimentation and diversity)
- Skills from their lvl 3 and above costs 2 skill points
- quests with skill point rewards give twice as many (den of evil & book = 2, izual = 4)
- skills are now acquired at level 1,8,16,24,32,40 (instead of 1,6,12,18,24,30)
- 110 levels!
- no prerequisite skills
- item only skills: see Equipment section just below
- New class only items for each class
- 650 new uniques (at least 1 for each item type)
- 63 new sets (225 new set items) - 52 new class sets and 11 new generic sets
- Custom item only skills, many transforms
- Pre-existing skills that can only be gained by equipping the proper item
- "Stonewords": comprised of filling up a 2 or 3 socket item with the same "new" stones (harvest, mana,etc) or a 4 socket item with 3 of the same stone and 1 jewel.
- Enabled/created ~20 new runewords
- New properties available on items
And much more to be listed!
IMPORTAND NOTE: this mod is very minion-centric - all classes have at least 1, if not 2, minions
(for details and credits check EftA Updates Changelog.txt)