What happens when a Killzone fan, who is also a modder, gets bored during a night of clan fun with friends? Doomzone, that's what! Doomzone is a GZDoom mod that adds class-based gameplay to the game, featuring 13 different player classes, five grenade types, and a whopping 82 weapons. This mod *REQUIRES* GZDoom v3.0 or later. Previous versions of GZDoom are not supported.
v1.6.2 update. Features improved support for online co-op/DM, bug fixes.
-- General Changes --
* Nerfed Baron of Hell's Hardcore spread attack. Projectiles: 5 > 3
* Adjusted pitch of Arc Rifle's steam particles.
* Adjusted Arc Rifle's reload frames.
* Replaced Unmaker pickup sprite.
* Nerfed Afrit's hellfire attack. Dmg: 3 > 1
* Changed projectile sprites for Arc Cannon (red mod), XBFG10k, and Thunderbolt.
* Pain Elementals bite if you stand too close.
* Disabled low health heartbeat in multiplayer for consistency.
* Marked special effects actors as clientside only.
* Removed dummy keycards/skullkeys.
* Greatly reduced the amount of script calls required for input detection.
* Nobitsura Kage's airslash can now be used at critical HP. Just don't kill yourself with it.
* Removed CustomInventory actors used for keys.
-- Additions --
* Spawn handling for R667's Plasma Zombie.
* Steam particle effects for the Penetrator.
* Spawn handling for Railgun and Unmaker weapons in user-created mods (they appear to be popular to use).
* Added speciation to keycards/skullkeys.
* Added credit to Z.Franz for VK-12 Vollmer sprites. Thanks a bunch!
-- Bug Fixes --
* Fixed reload handling for the Onibi Flamethrower in Napalm mode.
* Fixed dynamic lights for Vollmer sergeant.
* Andra zombie now reloads after every 15 shots, instead of every shot.
* Disabled screen fades in multiplayer due to vexing scripting issues.
* Fixed Arc Rifle and Thunderbolt continuously emitting light after player dies.
* Explosive projectiles no longer cut their detonation sound abruptly.
* Nails and crossbow bolts no longer continue to play their flight sound when striking targets.
* Amped Arc Cannon mini-projectile uses the correct trail.
* Improved Chaingun responsiveness for reloading and melee.
* Fixed HUD overlay issue with Railgun, when pressing Melee key while scoped.
* Fixed Particle Rifle not wanting to reload while scoped. Bad gun. Bad.
* Fixed LS57-P not properly switching fire modes.
* Fixed Onibi, Yari, and Guardian not playing their melee sound while pressing Melee during a reload.
* Fixed Chaingun, Yari, and Guardian not terminating their reload sound when pressing Melee.
* Shotborg now uses the correct reload sound sequence.