Divide et Impera is a total overhaul of Rome 2 that seeks to provide a challenging, historically accurate, realistic experience of the ancient world and warfare.
This is part 2 of our latest update for DeI. Please see our forums, Discord, Steam page or Patreon for more information. Thanks!
New Scenario Submod Campaign - Alexander!
- Head over to the Submod section to find the download thread for an entirely new scenario submod featuring the conquests of Alexander the Great.
Cimbri Overhaul & Playable Faction (Preview)
- New playable faction - the Cimbri! Now playable in campaign and custom battle.
- Completely new roster overhaul included.
Ardiaei Overhaul (Preview)
- Entirely new roster for the Ardiaei.
- Older Illyrian units have been kept for AI rosters to add variety.
- Some older units moved to faction only AOR units for Illyrians.
- Added major military port to Ardiaei minor starting settlement.
Medewi Overhaul (Preview)
- Multiple new units added.
- Visual overhaul for other units.
Sparta & Pergamon Visual Overhaul (Preview)
- All new visual overhaul for many units in these rosters, especially elites.
- Hellenic generals updated with new appearances.
- New and older resources used to improve various visuals.
Miscellaneous Unit Changes
- Over 200 units redone in various rosters to bring them up to date with newer assets and textures.
- Rosters redone include Italian, Arabian, Belgian, British, Celtic, Nabatean, Nomadic, Veneti and various AOR units.
- New Thureos unit for Egypt - Linen Cataphract.
- New unit cards added for Armenia
New Faction Traits
- Various new faction traits for custom DeI factions have been added. Old traits have been overhauled to remove copied and underused traits with more unique and historically accurate ones.
- Factions changed include Edetani, Scordisci, Kartli, Masaesyli, Medewi, Caledones, Iweriu, Atropatkan and Syracuse.
- Added amber to northern Germanic regions. It is produced by the region effect like spices and is fully tradeable.
- New amber trade route effects added to various regions going south.
- It should now be possible to complete the "own every resource" economic victory condition.
New Special Capital
- Dacian special capital has been added, Zarmizegetusa (new campaign only)
- Special bonus to diplomacy with Dacian factions when city is owned.
Population System Changes
- Slight increase to 1st class bonus when below minimum amount.
- Small reduction to overcrowding impact on 1st class.
- Reduced overall immigration movement by all classes.
- Bread & Games: Decreased food cost, increased public order bonus.
- Migration: Added building time reduction.
- Foreign Customs: Increased public order bonus.
- Romanization: Small increase to cultural conversion, added building time reduction.
- Sell Food: Increased income from ports, agriculture and livestock buildings. Small increase to food used.
- Buy Food: Increased food and growth from trade buildings and ports.
- Call to Arms: Increased recruitment cost reduction and replenishment. Added 1 recruitment slot bonus and small public order negative.
- Decreased upkeep negatives on military training technologies.
- Increased levy upkeep bonuses on final military training technologies.
- Increased ship technology bonuses in the military training tree.
- Build time reduction added to some later siege engineering technologies.
- Fixed a multitude of incorrect cavalry weapon entries.
- Fixed incorrect mass assigned to many cavalry units - this caused some units to underperform compared to their overall charge bonus and heavy appearance.
- Changed appearance of few horses of Maurya and changed their speed
- Fixed incorrect charge defence attribute of Appulian Infantry
- Sacred Band cavalry slightly nerfed
- Slithgly buffed AP damage of spears
- Small buff to Spartan unit HP
- Tweaks to hoplite phalanx, overall Hoplite units are more usefull in early game but are outclassed by late game infantry like Thorakitai
- Lowered intervals between melee attack from 4 to 3 seconds
- Charge bonus buffed a bit
- Wardogs buffed in assault roles and against light units
- Buffed elite Gallic and Germanic cav
- Buffed elite Germanic swordsmen
- Small buff to Hellenic sword unit damage
- Added various DLC factions to major faction autoresolve bonus background script.
- Added small naval garrisons for other cultures to special ports.
- Increased and matched income for minor and major Barbarian goldsmith buildings. Slightly lowered for agricultural industry buildings tier 4.
- Renamed regions to match city names since regional distinctions are no longer used in the game's UI.
- Added tier 3 medicus/academy buildings in minor towns to intelligence trait improvement triggers.
- Lowered Mercenary elephant respawn rates (new campaign only)
- Added new army spawn scripts in Macedonian Wars campaign for AI Macedon and Rome.
- Added new specialized effects for tier 3 and 4 Foreign Quarter buildings based on culture type.
- Added new banner for pirate faction (thanks to Jake for the banner!)
- Changed confederation names for various barbarians factions.