Oh man i have been working on the governors for some time now.
Rebuilding the code. restructuring the logic. adding checks and balances and more scrap...
Its a can a worms. Slimy and gross.
They key points are.
- Governors need to build to their government theme type and do that effectively.
- They need to be able to scrap buildings when money is tight.
- They need to allow the AI to advance.
- They need to not frustrate the player.
- They need to make sense to the player.
- They need to defend themselves.
- They need to build gradually.
- They need to pay attention to several growth aspects.
So... they are better. But there are holes in the logic still. But they are better. I am working on adding a system where player added buildings will be treated differently and bypass governor needs. the flip is the idea of buildings the player doesnt want the AI to build.
Then make sure the UI can show these things so that the player doesnt have to keep track of it. XNA without XNA studio.
But like i said they are better. They will work within and adjust to the economy they live in based on the planets ability.
Latest Unstable Version
Now content. This is something that i really want to get into. The game is working. Its still not perfect but its getting close to having bugs that can be overlooked. If its good enough i want to get the content started.
- Fix the revorant mission.
- add more minor races and missions.
- add more inter empire missions.
- add more event types.
- add some personality to the universe.
- Add some timeline information of ships.
- Crews or notable officer history.
- Create a ship story.
- Create a hero system.
If you want to see more content in the game then vote here: Upvote content question
Bigger things. I really really really really really want to put stamp on this phase of the mod and say its done. It was supposed to be done a year ago but the incoming changes that destabilized the game and the existing issues that allready did that were gruesome. there are still a could of bugs that i want to kill but can not find out how yet.
Memory.... I can fix this... Well enough. its just a matter of figuring out how to limit ship designs in such a way that the AI can still get good ships. I have a plan. I have one. It just has one issue I am having trouble solving which is how many dry tech runs need to be done to say only choose ships that use these techs.
Firing issues... These require maths. there are a couple places where the AI will not be able to hit a target. Thats makes me nutty as loading a save will generally clear the issue so i cant try stuff and see if works. sort of blind fixing.
Anyway. This version IS just about done.
Things we are working on.
- Memory issues.
- Ship pathing
- All the little bugs.
- Get a lets play.
If you have any desire to post a lets play video... Knock it out please and ill link it and give credit on the main page here or at least in the videos list.