This mod adds some great new gameplay to the game. Virtually everything have been tweaked and modified and around 80 new units and 20+ new structures have been added. In combination with new generals, super weapons and powers. New music and sounds for some units. This mod will take the fight to the sea in huge naval battles between submarines, destroyers, battleships and gunboats. It will take fighting in the sky to new levels with a broad variety of aircrafts and helicopters. The GLA can now participate in these fights. But the real battle will take place on the ground, engaging mammoth overlords, light vipers and specialized infantry units. With tons of new and improved units to play with, Destructive Forces will keep you busy for hours! Skirmish is supported. "This mod does what Zero Hour did to Generals, to Zero Hour! Each side is even more diverse than before, some Generals may be absolutely horrible against others, and some may be a fair fight. The only units that are shared...
|Bug Reports & Balance/Realism Improvements||Locked|
|Jul 13 2007 Anchor|
This is truely the BEST mod for C&C Generals: Zero Hour. My friends and I have really enjoyed this mod. I have a few thoughts to share. I'd really appreciate you implementing these bug fixes and features.
After using this mod for hours in LAN play I have experienced:
-General Game Crashes in single and multiplayer modes (you know the message, the one where it says maybe your system is over-heating).
Here are some suggestions for balance & Realism
Improve F-22 to turn faster and tighter than anything else, move faster than current in-game F-18. Thanks for making it stealth!
THE FOLLOWING EXPLAINS MY DECISION. READ ON AT OWN RISK. MAY BE DULL TO NON-MILITARY ENTHUSIAST.
Although this game takes place slightly in the future, the F-16 is the backbone of the USA Air Force. It is a relatively inexpensive all-purpose fighter. The USA Air Force General should be able to build F-16's. The current in-game speed of the F-16 is pitiful, and so is their handling. F-16's are actually faster than F/A-18's and can pull up to 9 G's (the limit is only due to the human pilot). While not as versatile as an F/A-18. They are arguably a superior fighter. While the F/A-18 is descent at bombing and air superiority.
1.Add an F-16 to USA Air Force General and make it more realistic. Here's how:
-My suggestion is to make the F-16 a little faster than the F/A-18.
2. Make the F-22 turn faster and tighter. Due to its vectored thrust.
3. Take away F-16 from GLA United Arabs. I have noticed that the "United Arabs" can build an F-16. I feel that it is more realistic to give them MiG-29's and MiG-21's.
The GLA armies are horribly UNDER POWERED compared to the Chinese and USA Armies...USA Assault General for instance.
4. Give the GLA United Arabs MiG-29's and MiG-21's. The Mig-21's are actually FASTER than many modern fighters. See Wiki. En.wikipedia.org. I suggest making the MiG-21's faster than the in-game speed. They should be VERY high speed. Faster than the F/A-18's. However, they should have to slow down and turn at very slow speeds. The current armaments are realistic.
5. Make the MiG-29's move faster, turn tighter, carry more armaments, and have more armor. Yes all of the above.
6. Give all GLA leaders the "Cause Fighter". The WWII style cause fighters should do more damage. WWII planes were hard to fly but had devastating machine guns. They could one-shot infantry and tear through vehicles, except for only the most modern of armor (Bradly's, M1's, etc.) A little more armor is in order too.
In Conclusion, the game as others have pointed out does crash a bit, kudos for all of the big fixes you have done. The mod is stable enough to enjoy, but it needs more stability. Also, by giving the USA Air Force General the F-16 you help balance the game more.. Also, the big issue with balance I have seen is with the GLA armies. I don't know exactly what should be done to fix this, but adding improved Mig 21's and a completelyimproved MiG 29 to the United Arabs will help. Plus adding the new and improved Cause Fighters to the both Toxins General and Terror Generals will help.
|Jul 14 2007 Anchor|
Here's another idea on how to improve the GLA. Give them the ability to make "Neighborhoods" which would simulate their urban combat home-team advantage. Unlike the USA or China, the the Middle East (GLA) doesn't build true "Fire Bases." So I suggest creating the ability of creating various middle east building structures. They can be taken from existing maps, so they shouldn't be too hard to add. Then one can garrison the buildings with a realistic amount of troops (depending on the size of the building). What do you guys think?
|Jul 15 2007 Anchor|
If I store GLA workers in a Tunnel Network and click the "Find worker button" it only shows me the workers in the tunnel network. It will not cycle through all of my workers, such as the ones NOT in the tunnel network.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.