After completion of the SOL Knossos gate the GTVA sends a small recon fleet to investigate. Upon exiting subspace they realize nothing is familiar. With no way to return they begin to colonize. The native factions, TEC, Advent and Vasari take notice of the intrusion and some believe they should be removed. The GTVA was not prepared for this eventuality and sent older Great War era vessels, and in order to survive they must scramble to construct the more advanced vessels from home. However a old foe may be lurking in the shadows.

Forum Thread
Version 0.21 crash (Games : Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion : Mods : Decent Freespace Into Chaos : Forum : Bug Reports : Version 0.21 crash) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 9 2018 Anchor

After getting some time to play sins again, i decided to try the new (0.21) version, and i've noticed a problem, it crashes when i start a game with the GTA, i noticed it's related to the GTA as one time i started a 6 player game but left the factions at random, none of those were GTA and the game finished loading.

It crashes at the start of the loading screen after creating a new game.

I've tested version 0.20 and it's working fine.

Oct 9 2018 Anchor

I didn't have any issues after upload. I recommend you completely remove any other version of the mod and verify your checksum is 36310938.

Edited by: Riesstiu

Oct 10 2018 Anchor

I've tried it 3 times with every time having the mod downloaded seperately (to make sure it wasn't a download issue), each time i've deleted the old version folder and changed the EnabledMods.txt line to:

"TXT
Version 0
enabledModNameCount 0"

to go back to vanilla, then i extract the 0.21 version into the "Mods-Rebellion v1.85" folder as usual and start sins (Vanilla because of the txt file) through steam, i select the mod in the Mod window in-game, the checksum is indeed 36310938 but whenever i try to play with the GTA it crashes…

Oct 11 2018 Anchor

Hmm. I will look into this and possibly upload a new version. Which map or is it all maps.

I uploaded a slimmed down version of the mod. It removes most of the currently unused files. Should load faster and load up without a problem. Tested it prior to upload. If the issue persists I would recommend either a fresh install of SINs or validation of the game files through steam.

Oct 12 2018 Anchor

After some more tests (in the new 0.22 version) i found out that it actually isn't me playing the GTA that's the problem it's the AI.

I've tested it in several maps, it appears to affect them all.

Whenever i play GTA (or another faction) and the AI is random (and in-game isn't GTA) or not GTA, it doesn't crash.

Some of the matchups were:

ME: GTA / AI: RANDOM (ADVENT) - MAP: Tiny random, didn't crash

ME: GTA / AI: RANDOM (ADVENT) - MAP: Tiny random, didn't crash (not a duplicate, this was another test)

ME: RANDOM (VASARI) / 5xAI: 5xRANDOM (TEC/ADVENT/VASARI, but no GTA) - MAP: normal sized - foreign invasion, didn't crash

ME: RANDOM / AI: GTA - MAP: Tiny random - CRASH

ME: TEC LOYALIST / AI: GTA - MAP: Tiny random - CRASH

ME: RANDOM / 9xAI: 9xRANDOM - MAP: large sized - kabel CRASH, maybe one of the AI picked GTA, i can't tell since it crashed during loading.

ME: ADVENT LOYALIST / 9xAI: All the vanilla factions, including rebel and loyalist variants - MAP: large sized - kabel, didn't crash

Edited by: Sir_Whiskers

Oct 12 2018 Anchor

I just attempted to get a small game going with a GTA Faction as AI and met the crash you speak of. Ill will dig into this and figure out what is causing this issue.

It appears to be something that changed between V.02 and V.21. All I remember changing was some effects. I haven't made many changes since then I will go back and rebuild from that point.

Edited by: Riesstiu

Oct 13 2018 Anchor

Nice job with the new version, i just played a quick match and it worked perfectly.

Oct 13 2018 Anchor

Thanks not sure what happened in the last few patches.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.