Ever wanted to hurl a misbehaving teammate across the room with your very own Engy Destroy Gun? Ever want to know what it's like for a Breeder to give birth to an Egg? Maybe you just want to see what it's like to plant some C4 in a spider nest? Well, the Darkness 1.6 Beta is out and the development server is up!
This beta includes some important changes that I've been working on since 1.5:
- Grunt, Shock Trooper, Heavy Trooper and Commando corpses can be infected by Guardians
- Engineer Destroy Gun greatly improved
- Breeder birthing/consuming improved
- Eggs can be damaged more easily, spawn players more slowly, cost less
- Detectors now make spiders glow bright yellow
- Spider vision improved
- Weapon and item damage system improved to make balancing damage easier
- Kamikazi damage increased
- Kamikazi corpses explode if damaged
- Players gib when heavily damaged
- Exterminator plasma charge rate/plasma rifle ammo use rate improved when shields are off
- Team/Class GUI improvements: bad options grayed out
- Teleporter spawn timers are affected by damage
- Fixed an old bug that caused a crash in the weapon switching code
As you can see, I've made a lot of improvements to the 1.5 code base, but there's still more to do before the official Darkness 1.6 release! So here's how you can participate in the 1.6 beta:
- Download/install Darkness 1.6 beta 2!
- Enable Steam beta participation if you want to join the Dev's Paradise beta server!
- Join the server
- Kill some humans/spiders
- Report bugs and post comments
- If you like the beta, get more people to play!