The definitive gameplay enhancement mod for the GZDoom and Zandronum engines. Adds realistic gore, dismemberments, headshots, executions, lightning effects, particles, makes enemies smarter and harder, makes gun louder and beefier, and adds epic new boss battles.
I present all of you the new HXRTC HUD, a special personal tribute based on the BTSX HUD v2.x series, for exclusive use with Quaker540's Sub-Mod. In first stance, it's destined to work with GZDoom only, like the Sub-Mod. See the description below for more instructions and details!
VERY IMPORTANT: For showing correctly the HUD, you must set in Display Options a screensize of 11 and turn off the alternative HUD. If you find the size of the HUD is too small, please open GZDoom's console and input the following command: HUD_SCALE 1. Alternatively, you can turn on the Stretch Fullscreen HUD option in GZDoom's HUD options.
The main features in HXRTC HUD are the following:
- A completely new and redesigned futuristic blue skin! Hope you like it!
- Updated code and cleaned unused data and graphics respect from BTSX HUD v2.x series.
- Included a BTSX HUD's derived mini-panel that shows if you have normal or big strenght (it changes state when you pick up a Berserk pack or a Demon Strength Rune).
- Grenade Counter, for knowing in every moment how many explosive grenades are remaining in your arsenal.
- Included a new Powerbar Indicator that will show you the duration/remaining time for some special pickup-powers, like Invulnerability, Light Visor or Radiation Suit.
The HUD has been tested and fully working with Quaker540's Sub-Mod v18 Testing Release. Hope there will be no errors in it, but if you detect a bug, please leave a comment for reporting it. As usual, I'll try to fix it ASAP.
Credits for Blackfish and the original creators of the BTSX HUD, Ptoing and Essel.
I wish you enjoy it. Have a nice doom-killing, everyone!