Blood Omnicide is a project to recreate Blood Omen: Legacy Of Kain in 3D. The main goal is to save original game feel and provide nearly same gameplay and balance. There will be some improvements & innovations, just because of nature of porting. The most critical ones will be optional in order to not violate the game experience. The second goal is to provide a game SDK that is open for modifications and additions so Omnicide can be used as a base for expansion packs and mods created in the world of Blood Omen.
Blood Omnicide is a modification, it provides a patch that will port the original game to a new rendering pipeline. Blood Omnicide will require original PC version Blood Omen or Playstation version of Blood Omen in order to play.
- Genre 'Hack & Slash'
- Written from scratch gameplay code that behaves like original one
- Original speech and dialogs
- Open Source gamecode and utilities
- Improved AI routines
- Darkplaces Engine
- QuakeC scripting language
- Levels in Quake 3 BSP format
- Altered secrets - new ways to find ones, some got changed for better gameplay experience
- Hi-res textures, new special effects
- Subtitles for speech and video
- Multiple languages support (via localization packs)
- Improvements on combat dynamics
- Any2Any form change (can morph from disguise to a wolf in single sequence)
- Random puzzles - pattern generated on game start
- Corpses don't disappear
- Range attack monsters do attack in all 360 degrees
- There is no task of keeping Omnicide closer to Soul Reaver and Defiance, hence no need to remove any misalignments between them.
- We are not using content that was 'ripped' from other games.
Demo is available here