Total BF2 overhaul, with focus on single/cooperative missions and realism. Unique AI features, tons of new content, hard missions for one or several players. Warning: this is not a stock-alike mod! It is for experienced players only.
- What is the AIX2 Reality? Is it something like AIX2?
- Not exactly. I would say that after six years of development it's more like the FH2 or PR, with hard singleplayer/coop missions. It is a complicated mod (at least in comparsion with stock-alike ones), and not recommended for those who're under 20 years old. It's mostly for players who're really like guns and weapons.
- Six years? And where is the BF4-style GUI, nuclear weapons and thousands of new futuristic guns?
- I'm not making this for hype or something. I'm making the game that you and I could play - more and more, for many days. So there is no "wow-effect" stuff like AK-12 with laser pointer, Picatinni rails, EOTech, UGL, silencer and NOX system.
Just old good rifles and weapons.
- Why are you working on a such old game? BFV is out!
- I can't see anything compared to BF2, even if it sounds funny.
Arma 2/3 maybe, but what's done is done. BF2 has a good enough AI code, it looks not so bad, and it has low requirements.
- People said there are many crashes in the mod...
- Most of those who had encountered such problems didn't follow the installation instruction properly. The patch fixes most of it, and installing the patch is the part of the installation instruction.
Another problem is the low avaliable RAM value - and, again, it is described in installation instruction.
The mod is very stable with the last patch. You can play a dozen of maps in coop without any problems, until the resource limit hit.
- I've got a checksum error when I try to extract the archive
- You can see the checksum on the download page - if it is correct, try another WinRAR version.
If it is not, then try to repair the archive with WinRAR, and, finally, if it was failed, download it again, using download managers.
- Why the archive is password protected?
- Because I want to be sure that the users have read the description and instructions carefully, and to avoid negative reviews from those who didn't.
- Where is the password for archive?
- Sorry, but if you can't find the password in the description, then most likely you don't need this mod. Try anything simpler.
- I have problems with unpacking
- It's better to use WinRAR for unpacking rar archives. If you don't have it, you can try other programs, but it is not recommended.
- Why there is no singleplayer mode?
- There is just no maps under the SP section, and you need to launch the singleplayer game from Multiplayer - Create local. The SP mode in BF2 is very limited.
- I've selected the Create local - Coop, and there are no maps in coop section
- Just select the coop tab again
- I can't launch the game/register the account
- Use 3rd-party launchers or platforms (like BFHD), official Gamespy servers are down.
- Why there are no weapons with optic sights?
- The game is designed to play with unlocks. So you need to use one of the available unlockers or launchers to redirect ASP requests to 3rd-party servers (like BFHD do). Also you can find heavy MGs and other powerful weapon in pickup kits.
- The game is crashing at launch/playing
- Run it in a windowed mode to see the error: …\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +restart 1 +modPath mods/aix2_reality +fullscreen 0 +szx 1440 +szy 900
- I have the following error: "Text Font: Fonts/commRoseFontLocalBold_9.difnot found"
- The mod supports only the english localization of BF2.
- Failed to load Effect: StaticMesh.fx
- Only BF2 version 1.5 supported
- I have the "Memory insane check blah-blah-blah..." message/black textures/graphical glitches
- Clear the BF2 cache, located in \Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache\
- The game crashes at the map start
- Check the requirements again, especially needed amount of RAM
- The map crashes at 15%
- The patch is covering all mod maps, even non-free, so if you don't have the map, just don't copy its folder from the patch archive (levels folder).
- I have the "Text:0018FA2C" error
- This is the common problems with BF2 without ASP redirecting. Use 3rd-party launchers or platforms.
- I've got the error at the end of round: leaked object during reset (possible hierarchy change during destroy): em_exp_a10_projectile_lightsource2
- Very rare problem, related to specific or modified BF2 copies. If you don't want to change it, try this fixed effects archive.
- I have no flags/some icons on map
- This is the common bug, due to the memory bug caused by the high number of icons. Nothing to do here - just restart the client
- The game with your mod lags a lot.
- Yes, it is not for an old machines. But the most effective way to speed it up is to set up your own dedicated server, even on the same machine, so I highly recommend it for those who're playing BF2 regularly.
- What's up with the bot balance? I can't change it, I have 14 vs 40, etc
- It's ok, and it is the balance. As I said, it is more like the single/coop missions, and you can see the recommended side to play at the map's loading. Don't ignore it. The game designed to play only one team on most of maps (except several ones). But if it seems too difficult to you, or you just need some practice, you can change the bot's ratio manually: look inside the map's archive, in the Init.con files. There're sv. and ai. strings that defines it.
- Such a weapon recoil seems nonsense
- Only until you'll have understand new deviation and collision systems.
There is no more "fire deviation" (DICE' genius "invention"), and the bullet trajectory depends only on barrel direction. Here is explaining in russian (use translate): Vk.com
I can write it in english if someone will be interested.
- I can't get into the enemy vehicles!
- It's the balance, again. Yes, you'll not be able to capture the enemy heavy vehicles (like tanks/IFVs/planes/helis) on most of maps, except the defence ones. But you can still capture some of the light vehicles before the enemy gets into it.
- How is the active tank defence works? I can't understand...
- It is available for T-90A and Merkava Mk4 only. You need to select it (6 and 7 keys appropriately) and press fire button. The defence will activate. Unfortunately, there is no adequate indications of system's status, so it "lives" 60s by default, but it can be disabled by two-three "intercepted" ATGMs/grenades, and you'll be able to launch it again only after 60 seconds.
- What is the strange C4 in a specops inventory on index 4?
- This is the rally point - the deployable spawn point for human player. Unfortunately, I haven't any suitable hand geometry for it.
- I call support/medic/engineer, and nothing happens.
- Support class is the machine gunner now. It doesn't carry unlimited ammo anymore, but it can carry the small ammo bag, that can be dropped by the human player. Engineer class still can reapir light vehicles and helis, but he's unable to repair heavy armoured vehicles. It must be repaired near heavy ammo crates (look inside the logistic trucks) or fixed ammo crates located somewhere on some maps. Medics works as before, with one exception - if the enemy is nearby, they will shoot on him, and will heal you only when it's clear.
- I'm a ****ing God in BF2, I can make rocket jumps, shoot the planes from RPG-7 through the whole map etc...
- You'll die constantly
- I can do the same, but I don't want to die constantly. What should I do?
- You should start from the easy maps, where you can learn the basics. For those who're unfamiliar with Crusader series, the maps difficulty set is, in order of increasing difficulty: Mama's boy -> Weekend warrior -> Loose Cannon -> No regret/No remorse.
So start from AIX_Archipelago, FuShe Pass, Kubra Dam, New City, Taraba Quarry or Warlord 64.
Because, i.e., on Warlord 32 or Wake you will be smashed.
- How to change the amount of bots on maps, exactly?
- Firstly, if you want to play maps as it designed, you need to use the default, embedded settings. Changing it can broke the gameplay - it's adjusted after hundreds of tests on each map. What you could really change - is the ticket numbers, 'cause after adding ticket loss at CP capture it needs some correcting.
But, if you really need to change the number of bots (you want to learn the map/tactics or it is too hard for you), then there is two ways that AIX2 Reality uses for adjusting the bots ratio.
The maximum number of bots defined in aidefault.ai - it is 58 by default: aiSettings.setMaxNBots 58
Some maps is it as the default number of bots, the signs of using this way is the missing ai.* strings in Init*.con.
So, lets take a look at Dragon Valley 64:
Then it means that the first team (ch) will have 22 bots, and the second (nl) will have 58-22=36 bots. Very simple.
Another example, Dalian Plant 16.
We don't need whole bunch of 58 bots on such small map, so we need to redefine the maximum number:
So, in this case the maximum number of bots is eleven - six for the first team, and five for the second.
Remember, that there is a hard limit for MaxNBots defined in Init files, usually it is near 44. So if you have a CTD after loading, try to lower this number.
- I've found a bug!
- It's welcome to write the report. If it is a CTD, please, run it in windowed mode and see if any error will pops up. It will really helps me.
- Where I can ask a question else?
- Find the Discord channel "MaxP Workshop"
- Unë nuk po flas anglisht, çfarë është fjalëkalimi?
- Давайте уважать друг друга, и пытаться общаться на языке, который учит большинство (как бы это ни было печально для многих).
Я ведь тоже могу шпарить на родном и могучем. Мне так легче.
Да и как Вы собираетесь играть, если мод поддерживает только английскую локализацию? C'est la vie.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Highest Rated (4 agree) 10/10
For Me, This Mod is like a toned down Project Reality. But even better because of the new mechanics in the mod such as APS on Tanks,Working Smoke Grenades and a redesigned matchmaking which really tests how good is your skill.This mod is also very stable (at least in my PC) and rarely even crashes even with a ton of new content.
Dec 2 2018 by NeuPreußen*