Ab Urbe Condita is an overhaul for Rome: Total War, featuring an array of additional content, including new units, an AI scripting system, an AOR mercenary system, an expanded campaign map and graphical improvements (among many other amendments).
This is the "almost" final version of AUC; contains another major list of changes and improvements over prior versions. The mod now includes a handy installer, which simplifies things!
AUC Platinum (v5) changes are as follows:
* Settlements can now be renamed ingame; just click on the settlement you own, bring up the basic details and click the settlement name on the tab.
* Many reskins and several new units (expect to see changes to most factions ingame, with particular emphasis on mercenaries, elite units and Romans).
* New officers for the post-Marian Roman units.
* Several new Arabian temples for the Sabaeans, and a Temple of Poseidon for the Greeks.
* Campaign tweaks (more land and money to Parthia/Numidia, with a few more starting troops for Numidia). Also tweaked AI core attitudes to prompt more aggression from Numidia and Britannia.
* Few unit stat tweaks - i.e. unarmoured units having "armour" stat removed etc.
* Landbridges added to Pillars of Hercules, Corsica/Sardinia, Britannia/Gaul, Britain/Ireland, Scandinavia, Sicily and the Bosphorus to encourage AI expansion there. Also moved Nicomedia's position slightly on the campaign map in order to create a Eurasian "bottleneck" between Nicomedia and Byzantium - you or the AI must take either city if it wishes to expand into Europe or Asia!
* Text fixes for many units and improved Campaign Descriptions for every faction.
* Doubled the amount of loading screens!
* Lots of new custom battles.
* Every pikeman unit in the game now uses the new and improved animations; they look more professional, as well as being more physically and historically accurate!
* New descr_formations_ai file added (based on Sinuhet's original):- the AI has been given double the amount of formations to choose from in battle, so expect to see a greatly improved AI response to your moves, and differing AI tactics on the battlemap.
* Added new improved campaign map textures, new tree models for the campaign map, new lighting effects in battles and fixed some climatic areas (i.e. Babylon and the Nile Delta - both aren't pure deserts, but were more fertile. These changes can be seen in both the campaign and battlemaps).
* New routing banner textures (courtesy of the RTR team).
* The mod is now contained within a fully automated installer (making it much easier to install); also comes with a handy desktop shortcut on installation.