Anno domini 1147
After the fall of Edessa in the year 1144, a call to crusade has been made in 1146 to save the remains of the county of Edessa, to counter the constant offensives of the Saracens and to gain perhaps an opportunity to retake the city! The crusaders armies are now ready to start their journey. Huge armies are leaving France and Germania and a fleet has departed from England. In the meantime the proud Armenian principality of Cilicia is fighting for its independance against the Basileia Romaion of Manuil Kommenos. The Romans try to reconquer their ancient power in East-Anatolia. In the South the Fatimid Caliphate of Egypt is harassing the Kingdom of Jerusalem from its mighty fortress of ʿasqalān. The main threat for the christians however is Nur al Din who gathers under his banner Turks, Arabs, Kurds and many vassals. In those times of great troubles are great opportunities given. Will you take them? Will you defend an ideal or seek for more power? Will you crusade, jihad or conquer for your fame? Will you find your own path to salvation?
The mod orientates on historical accuracy and accurate environnements and also a big fun at building your own principality, emirate, sultanate, beylik or kingdom!
- Accurate names of lords, locations and factions.
- Respect of equipments, and warfare.
- Culturized names ! If you conquer a town or castle the name of it can change depending your culture. Exemple: if you conquer Ravendel as a saracen the name will change to "al Rawandan" other Exemple Ascalon is ʿasqalān under Arab rule. Culturized names for every npc depending their culture. Frank lords will have their frank names. Armenian, Greek or Arab will have their names culturally stylized. Exemple Manuel Kommenos name will be "Manuil Kommenos", Robert of Ravendel will be "Robert de Ravendel" Mickeal of Gerger will be "Mikael Gergerian".
- Multicural factions, many factions will have two troop trees.
- Realistic scenes: Castles and towns will be build on their real relief terrain using heightmaps as Bannerlords scene editor is making use of them.
- Architecture of the period will be most accurate possible using maps to build the castles, and historical research to build 3D models.
Planned factions and leaders:
1 - Principality of Cilicia Thoros II Prince of Cilicia Cultures: Armenians, Greeks, Syriacs
2 - Principality of Antioch Raymond de Poitiers Prince d'Antioche Cultures: Normans, Italians, Greeks Syriacs
3 - County of Edesse Josselin d'Edesse Cultures: Franks, Normans, Armenians, Syriacs
4 - Kingdom of Jerusalem Baudouin III Cultures: Franks
5 - Roman Empire (real name of Bizantium) Manuil I Kommenos Culture: Greeks
6 - Sultanate of Rum (Seljuks) Masud I or Mas‘ūd I Culture: Turks, Greeks
7 - Fatimid Calipahte Abd al-Majîd Al-Hâfiz Culture: Arabs, Bedouins, Nubians
8 - Abbasid Caliphate al-Muqtafi Culture: Arabs, Turks, Persians
9 - Beylik of Ahlat (Shah-Armens) Sökmen II culture: Turks
10 - Emirate of Mosul Sayf ad-Dîn Ghâzi Culture: Turks, Kurds
11 - Emirate of Alep Nur al-Din Culture: Turks, Arabs, Syriacs, Kurds
12 - Emirate of Damas Mu'in ad-Din Unur Culture: Turks, Arabs
1- Emirate of Bosra Altuntash
2- Emirate of Shayzar Sultan ibn Ali
3- Haschaschîn (Assassins) Muhammad ben Kiya Buzurg-Ummîd
4- Order of Hospitallers Raymond du Puy
5- Order of Temple Robert de Craon
6- Beylik of Sivas Yaghi Arslan
7- Beylik of Malatya Ayn el-Devle
This mod is currently under heavy historical research work, once it is done i'll try recruit people that want to help. If you can't resist to help the mod i mainly need illustrators to make concept art of units and of castles using references pictures i can provide and also some nice heraldic symbols to make banners..
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.