- Go to your start menu and open up the "Control Panel".
- Make sure you have "View by" set to "Category" (not large/small icons).
- Click on: "Ease of access", then "Speech recognition" and then "Text to Speech" (to the left).
- A window should pop up, go to the "Speech Recognition" tab.
- Set "Language" to "Microsoft Speech Recognizer 8.0 for Windows (English - UK)", if you can't, then just set it to something else and pray that it works.
- Click Ok and try again (no program restart should be necessary).
If you want more video tutorials as they get added, please press the "track me" icon just below (If you're already tracking, pressing the button will untrack me).