Uh... That Shouldn't be Happening
So today started off with fixing a rather odd bug. You see, the- Uh... Well. This is easier shown than described:
So. That was happening. Fortunately I managed to fix it (not without the help of the livestream viewers in the chat - thanks!)
The problem, like with most bugs, wound up being relatively simple: The character's velocity was being incorrectly set after changing maps.
The real issue is that the server works with coordinates and velocity measured in tiles. The client, however, uses pixels. This is definitely on my "I need to refactor this" list.
All Aboard the Game Mechanic Train!
As you may know, I've been working on the "grabbing" feature. This breaks down into several mechanics, but here is the basic idea: You can "grab" another character and push them/pull them out of the way, or hold them in one spot. Very useful in combat.
One of the mechanics is that if the character you are grabbing tries to move, they pull you along with them. This will eventually result in slower movement speed, but that is still being worked on.
At the request of the livestream viewers, I tried grabbing the character which was grabbing the other character, and then moving... Thus was born The Train! Choo choo!