This is an Indie game made by one person only, and two actors for the voices.
UAYEB is a solo story driven adventure / survival / crafting / puzzle game, placed in an open world of 16km2, with the immersive First Person view.
- Craft your equipment and go treasure hunt to find 20 Mayans artifacts.
- Each artifact in located in a different level with traps and puzzles.
- The gameplay ingredients are integrated in a linear story, with a increase of difficulty throughout the levels.
- It takes around 50 hours to finish the game.
This is not a survival sandbox game. The survival parts are used to add variety and difficulty to the adventure.
You as Uayeb, will explore and survive in a hostile environment, you will find clues helped by your friend archeologist Joanna, to discover Mayan artifacts that will lead you to the lost civilization, you will craft your equipment to be ready for the adventure.
Nothing in UAYEB will be shown with a big arrow.
You will have to think by yourself to know where to go, and to solve puzzles you'll be helped by Joanna's clues that she will put somewhere in the world.
Drink, eat, sleep, cold and hot places, stamina, heal, batteries, weapons and ammunition.
Avoid deadly traps, stay alive in underwater caves, jump on moving Mayan platforms, don't touch swords traps that arise from ground.
Explore a vast world with desert and dune sand, forests and water falls, beaches and a lost city, and find clues that will lead you to Mayan artifacts.
Find blueprints and collect resources to build up your own equipment.
Defend yourself against hostile survivors with three different fire weapons and melee moves.
There will be a lot of Mayan artifacts to find for finishing the first episode. Each artifact will be a level specific with traps, platforms, puzzles and enemies.
You will need to find clues to be able to reach the artifacts.
To find the Mayans artifacts you will encounter moving platforms, unstable parts or planks, swords traps, balls with spikes falling, other deadly mechanisms, sulfur sprays that will project you in the air and few more surprises!
Time in game:
Like the real world, the time in Uayeb will turn around 24 hours.
1 hour in real life is like around 2h30 in game.
You can sleep at any time (if you have a bed), to rest and pass the time faster.
To finish the Episode 1 and find the 20 Golden Mayan artifacts, it takes more than 50 hours depending of you skills.
There are also music bonuses to find and easter eggs of games and films references.
The version 2.0 is now available!
Be aware that the saved files from version 1 will not be working on version 2, as it is a complete new version.
If you have started playing on version 1, before starting a new game on V2, I would advise you to remove the "user" folder from your UAYEB root folder.
You want to keep your progression from V1 to V2?
No worries, yes you can!
If you have started playing on version 1.0 and you want to keep on with the same progress on version 2.0, please fill up this form to receive your new save files by email.
Fill up this form
List of changes on version 2.0:
- The price has been cut down
- The crash after too many saved game is fixed
- The saving system has changed to auto saves (checkpoints throughout the whole levels)
- A new free save system has been implemented, after sleeping in a bed you'll be prompted to save your progress or not (40 saving slots available)
- A LOAD option has been implemented in the main menu and ingame menu
- The full list of saved files are visible from that LOAD scrolling menu
- You will be able to load or delete saved files from the LOAD menu
- Invisible collisions have been removed
- Adjustments on Mayan sites were done to avoid going in wrong directions
(Mayan site 4, 5, 10, 17, 18,19)
- Bugs fixing in Joanna's house, like bedroom or gun disapearing, now fixed
- Changes in Joanna's house where two triggers were too close. Now fixed (paper note, wardrobes, safe)
- Minor bugs fixed (camera Mayan site 12)
- A anti cheats has been added, if you like the game please support the project by buying it
- A new trailer video was done for the release of V2.0
Thanks everyone for your support, comments and recommendations.
A lot of things will be changed in the game thanks to your feedbacks. This is why the decision was taken to delay the release date.
The UAYEB free demo is available now on Steam! (2 to 4 hours of the begining of the game)
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.