We are nearing release of a major TGL update. For this reason, and to thank you all, we now give a 55% discount! Go and grab your copy!
About the new release, we made the game faster in the in-between rides, added more tycoon stuff, the fishing feature, visual enhancements and a handful of other ("most-wanted") features (like multiple-saves, etc) but, yet, we're a few months away from release, because we want to do a closed beta test with game's fans this time around.
All proven customers are eligible to free upgrade to the new version that will come out in a few months.
Thank you all for your support.
(creator of The Good Life)
Summer Sale for The Good Life! This game is as good as going to the beach! Now, 30% OFF.
20% off for all Desura customers. The Good Life is an intriguing combination of gameplay styles; part ship simulation, part time-management, part tycoon...
Have you ever dreamt about ditching the nine-to-five lifestyle?
Howdie, The Good Life is now at Steam Greenlight. If you have a Steam account, please be kind enough to vote us and help us live a "good life" throughout...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.
Any plans for a Linux version? <3
Not yet. In our todo list, for sure.
Hi, just saw this game, have a few questions if you don't mind:
1. xbox controller support?
2. average game length?
3. any replay value? (e.g. randomisation, new game + etc)
4. are there any timed gameplay elements (i.e. you have 3 minutes to complete xyz), or can you take your time with it?
5. max resolution it runs at? windowed mode?
1. not yet, planning to.
2. endless game, like in Monopoly. In the add-on we'll provide in a couple of months, there will be an ending to the game when you manage to bankrupt all your NPC opponents.
3. Randomisation is used in every aspect of the game (missions, tycoon elements, game props & pop ups, port life, NPC achievements, etc). You never get to play the same game again.
4. Yes. You have x minutes to complete a tourist mission.
5. Gets max resolution from windows settings. Has a windowed mode too.
Hope this helps! Cheers.
Without anything happening on the island it's not interesting to me. Dead Island without Zombies would be as boring as this.
Hello folks, I recorded a second video, which can be found here:
Hey folks, I just wanted to share my review and gameplay session:
A link to the demo is included in the review, for your convenience.
Damn, you need to pay for the good life :P
Where is the demo? The youtube video mentions it, but I can't find it. I'm really interested in this, but I need to know its going to run ok on my system first.
I'd like to see a demo as well, or at least a gameplay video. For guys like me, $20 is an investment.
Fair enough, we uploaded an older gameplay video, hope it gives an idea..