- Sci-Fi Thriller - You were supposed to wake up with hundreds of people to build a peaceful community. Yet you're alone, falling to the planet's atmosphere. And a horde of creatures below waiting to hunt you down. Something bad happened to the people on the planet. it's up to you to find clues to the past and it will reveal your future.
- Formidable Enemies - A massive snake trying to figure out your every move is not the only threat. Man-sized Centipedes roam the stations and crush everything with their superhuman strength. Centipedes can be taken care of but they'll not go down easily. You'll need to outwit them with every tool and gadget at your disposal.
- Stealth - Creatures have different sets of senses. They can hear, smell or see their surroundings. But they have weaknesses too. You'll hide under tables, air ducts, out of their sights. Or you can confuse them using the interactive environment.
- Open-World Exploration - After the main mission starts, you'll have a set of objectives and it can be completed in any way or any order. The vast world of Gliese will be open and you'll explore the wastelands however you want.
- Interactive World - Nearly every object can be interacted and will have a use one way or the other. Some may not affect you directly but a keen mind can use unconventional tactics to their advantage.
- Resource Management - You'll manage your core resources and will decide what to take with you or what to leave behind. Every decision in that regard will open another option for you but close the other one.
- Develop Your Play Style - There's more than one way to play the game. You can go fast and quick, or slow and steady. You can mix aggressiveness with stealth or trap your enemies with intricate tactics. As you progress in the game, you'll develop your style and that will be unique to you.
Let's talk about the features we prioritize after the release of the demo.
The main feature of nearly every horror game is stealth. So we are going to try our best to make it fun, easy, and innovative. While we try various ideas and concepts for stealth we will take suggestions and feedback from our community, which you can join easily.
More engaging Snake
if you played the Red Frontier one, you will know our main enemy is a giant alien snake. But this time, there will be more interaction and it will feel like it actually wants to kill you.
More engaging Centipede
The second creature, the centipede is in pretty good place apart from certain small problems. Summer festival demo will show us that is it too hard or too difficult. We will change and improve its behavior after that.
Station to Station Travel
Stations will be more than one room safehouses. They will have their own problems to solve and you will travel between them by driving, using a train, or walking. There’ll be options and they will all come with a different side effect.
We designed several transportation techniques. Driving a futuristic car is the best one. Our priority will be making that a reality but when it succeeds or fails, we plan on making several transportation options to provide choices to you, the player.
For now, there’s not much planning involved but when the game becomes more structured, there’ll be more tools to make planning more rewarding. Of course, you will be able to freely choose to go in first and improvise later but a lot of tools will be available for more planner type players.
We have some ideas on that but community feedback will help us a lot through this and we plan to include gadgets for every playstyle.
Randomly generated Characters
We want to create unique characters that will feel different each playthrough. This feature might add a rogue-like feeling to the game. So for now, it is not ready but we have some ideas to make it a reality
These will be our priority after the demo releases and you can follow the development and help us make a great and unique game experience.
We talked about which features are in the Steam Game Festival Demo.
Before the flashy stuff, We want to share our vision of the game with you. This won’t be a long article, but we’ll tell you what to expect from the...
The article is about how Red Frontier 1 started And What is the vision of the new one.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.