Just thought of sharing a video tutorial made by SullenMan1 but reposted on Youtube by Man Gemer from the Vk community. It shows how to export tank models to Men of War/AS 1/AS 2/whatever MOW game; you can apply the same mechanism to other vehicles as long as you have MOW ready models. The vehicles should be 10k ploys, not more; if you will go other that limit the game might lag.
What do you need?
- A 3ds Max version, from 2009 to 2014 will work.
- Installed the plugins to export .mdl files, corresponding to the 3ds Max version you have installed on your computer. Get them from your AS 2 folder, if you don't have AS 2, get them from a friend who has it, or download them from here (they are in russian) Vk.com.
- A ready MOW model of a tank (link below).
- A ready 3d model (create one or download one from the web).
- .def files of the vehicle you'll take the structure from; for the pz4, find it in your game folder (resource/entity/vehicles/etc..); for the BTRs or others, check the Red Rising mod's folder (just my assumption).
Ready MOW models:
Vk community 3ds Max - MOW (russian): Vk.com
Other samples (ambient objects/animals/etc...): Moddb.com
Other tutorials: Moddb.com
SullenMan1 - video tutorial
Youtube.com - posting the tutorial.
Best Way - MOW games, pz4 sample and the plugins.
Vk.com - BTRs models (can't remember the exact member that posted them, sorry).
Have fun modding! If you have questions leave them in the comments and I'll try to answer them.