In Liberté, you immerse yourself in the rogue-like adventure that infuses the French Revolution-era setting with cosmic horrors know from H.P. Lovecraft. Choose your allies, fight relentless enemies and decide who will bring the new order in the terror-filled Paris.
Your stats don't dictate the outcome of a fight. Get into a perfect position to snipe multiple enemies at once and use dodge and roll to avoid getting hit. Enemies clearly telegraph their attacks, so if you mess up, you know how to improve. With each level you climb, enemies become faster, coordinate their attacks better and fill the screen with their deadly abilities.
Skills in Liberte use a unique cooldown system - instead of waiting idly for skills to recharge, jump into the fight! With each hit of your melee weapon, your skills recharge one cooldown point. Weaving chains of basic attack combos and burst damage skills allows you to clear entire rooms of enemies with ease!
Your equipment and skills and are defined by what Cards are in your Deck and in what order you play them during a run. At the moment, there is a little over 100 cards in the game. Some of these cards create powerful synergies with others.
To make things easy to grasp, we have assembled the cards into Sets. For example, in the Pistolier Set, you’ll find pistol skills and cards that improve ranged attacks. The Assassin Set contains sneaky skills and talents that make your backstabs stronger. You can mix these cards in any way you want. Sets are here only to suggest good combinations.
You start with 40 unlocked cards and 3 starter decks to try things out. Once you get a feel for things, Liberte encourages you to modify and create your own decks.
Play the game solo, or in co-op - local, online or any mix of the two. Party leader decides when the players venture forth into a mission. However, during a mission, every major decision (like, which faction to side with) is made using a Vote system.
When you’re playing online and run into a Story area, each player sees his own version of that space, based on where in the game’s story he is. So, there are no conflicts and no spoilers when playing with others. And of course, everyone gets their fair share of loot.
King Louis has died in mysterious circumstances. Now that Paris has no ruler, four factions clash to win the City for themselves. Play as René - a Parisian with an obscure past, whose close connection to supernatural beings places him right in the middle of the intrigue.
And hey, if you want to focus on the story, Liberte comes with a Story Mode that makes combat a breeze.
Along with the revolt came Lady Bliss, a ruthless deity that brought you back from the dead to do her will. Solve the mystery of the blight that turns Parisians into numbed monsters, all serving the horrifying Lady Bliss. Enter her wicked gardens, and see what her arrival means for the city and its future.
The day has come, and we can enjoy Liberte in all its glory! 🔥
Liberte is available for 19.99$.
However, we're starting a Launch Sale that will last for a week! Get a copy while it's 15% off! 😁
We've regularly polished the game for over a year since it entered the Early Access stage. Our team has been busy introducing tons of content improvements and, of course, bug fixes. As a result, we now have the following:
🔥 new bosses,
🔥 improved mechanics,
🔥 UX and UI tweaks,
🔥 better game pacing,
🔥 enhanced enemy and environment behavior,
🔥 greater emphasis on intuitive deck-building based on player feedback,
🔥 partial VO;
🔥 incredible soundtrack.
The soundtrack is now available for 6.99$.
Last but not least, a changelog of the latest improvements:
- Curses do not save after exiting to Main Menu and resuming the game. This makes gameplay much easier.
- Blocker in Throne Room. After talking to Philip, the door would not open for me.
- When the player approaches the hole in the ground, the "Explore the mysterious opening" quest passes, and it should once the player enters it.
- Sometimes, missions already done appear on an objective log when an additional event fires
- After entering/exiting the fragment of the bliss, already completed missions show up.
- At the beginning and end of cutscenes, the HUD is shown on the screen (e.g., during the cutscene at the beginning of the Prologue).
- You can get your character stuck in the theater
- You can fall under the map in Theatre. One of the walls has no collision
- Invisible collision on an advanced rebel base in House Lamballe mission
- You can fall off the map in one of the city alleys in the People's Court mission....
- you can get jammed in the Mana Shop in Flea's Antique Market level.
- Character stutters in the corner of the map after climbing the steps on the sublevel with 'Fragment of Bliss'.
- After losing in The Endless Bliss, the player is not moved to the start of Homebase and does not see prompts for all interactions
- No collision on stairs when entering catacombs in the prologue
- When playing on the pad, it often happens that larger enemies freeze in stillness at some point.
- Story says 100% when we're not done with the final fight yet
- AUDIO: no environmental sfx before Lady B in prologue
- If a player wants to burn a card and has full mana, there is no warning/confirmation window about having full mana
- Player can play a card he already has, and there is no warning/window with confirmation if he definitely wants to do it
- Rene runs in an offensive stance without a sword after using a skit.
- Resolution / fullscreen changes when unrelated settings are changed
- Fixed colors, too washed out with green fog.
- Assassination Skill is not working • PLAYER: On the gamepad, some skills (Spillover) throw °out of range" error too often
- Using pushback and holding the attack before the animation ends makes the player attack with empty hands.
- Fixed wrong path in catacombs.
- A player can get stuck under a window in Philip's throne room.
- Karla Knife Throw - brak opisu obok do Backstab
Fixed misaligned enemy health bars being rotated constantly.
- Target icon above enemy health bars will be displayed correctly again.
- Wrong music before going into Lady Bliss encounters Suggestion - hard to understand message 'deck empty no cards draw.'
- Wrong music for Enounder with Inquisitor
- Wrong music on the Hills of Montmartre - Scene 'What Lies Ahead' Missing word in the skills tutorial
- Quest is considered complete when the boss dies, but adds (purple shades)
- Faction Rewards - change tab arrows do not work
- Quest log messed up on the widescreen monitor
- Fixed misaligned buttons in conversations on wide-screen monitors
- Title card waits until side convo / convo clean up, making them show up at the wrong time
- Deckbuilder tutorial not launching when deck builder is entered via crafting button on New Blueprint view.
- Quest description - space in copy missing
- Loot from breakable objects drops in mid-air on the bridge.
- interlude has too little water
- No collision with breakable jugs
- bad-looking brick well with repetitive texture on top
- Overlapping houses in front of Porte saint denis map cap
- Fixed a bug where battle end indents where not fired
- New version of 5 major themes for better fit with on-screen action.
- Poison damage makes armor hit sounds on armored enemies, even though it damages flesh directly.
- When card is being burned and user clicks another, the wrong one gets burned.
- When card being played/burned animation finishes, the top Card is selected, even if player has moved the selection
- Card playing sound cuts off if inventory is closed mid animation
- Remove "deck slots". Show pop up if deck limit is reached
- Do not ask to override skill if its charges = 0
- Bigger font in tutorials with minmax size
- Selection in inventory can be changed when UIPrompt is open
- Missing boss healthbar in local co-op mode
- Faction Rewards - change tab arrows don't work
- Claim all plays sound even though there are no rewards
- Bliss ambiance is less loud
- Scavenger should be a tiered talent and slightly worse
Following up on our information concerning the development plans, we decided to shed some light on what we have cooking.
It's time we revealed at least a part of the mystery - who we are, why we created Liberté, and what inspired us.
There is no better moment than now to jump in a revolution! We're introducing significant changes and new features based on community feedback. Liberte...
We published our backstory way back when, but since we get asked about the behind-the-scenes stories from Liberté's development, here are some more fun...