Introducing VSP Excessive Plus Edition
VSP is a stats generator system which parses Q3 based log files and utilizes MySQL. The original application (created by Myrddin) had been broken by Excessive Plus 1.03 back in 2005. So, now I’ve created a fork specifically intended for the Quake III and OpenArena Excessive Plus (E+) Mod.
However, it has been shown to continue working with other Games/Mods that use the Q3 engine.
The first contains an all-in-one pack of vsp with several fixes and improvements – read the readme-xp.txt file for more details. The second contains the media (players and standard maps images) for an openarena server.
For customization for your own server, you have to look forward the following files:
- pub/configs/cfg-default.php: Connection to database, ftp (if any), general options for your site and several options for the parser.
- pub/include/playerBanList-default.inc.php: List of banned players – not recomended.
- pub/include/playerExcludeList-default.inc.php: List of excluded players.
- pub/themes/bismarck/skins/*: Skins of the theme.
- pub/themes/bismarck/all.inc.php: Portions of the site presents in all the pages: header, footer, menu, credits, etc.
- pub/themes/bismarck/settings.inc.php: Some settings that affects the pages.
- pub/games/q3a/awardsets/default/default-awards.php: Awards definition.
- pub/games/q3a/skillsets/default/default-skill.php: Skills definition.
All that said, there is one thing I’m not completely satisfied with: a balanced skills definition file. The file i add in the pack contains all weapons and events factors available, and the parameters for the logistical distribution. I only add factors for standard weapons kills, ctf events, thaws and – as a pilot test – team scores, but there are plenty options available. However, i don’t recommend to use the ones marked with “inaccurate”, because they come in batches and the first players processed are more affected that the last ones. Also, i think that some events – mainly team ones – are not too suited for public servers because of unbalanced teams, players leaving early or switching teams, etc. For a brief explanation of the skill system, refer to the readme-xp.txt file.