We are proud to announce that Ninshu Online v0.6 will be released on September 10th at 6PM UTC. This update introduced many technical challenges, some of which were tedious, but all extremely important moving forward.
- Upgrading to Unreal Engine 5
- Moving to more powerful and newer generation hardware
- Performing a complete infrastructure overhaul
- Development workflows and pipelines revamp
Many of these tasks were piling up in our backlog for months, and this was gradually slowing us down, so we are relieved to finally mark them as done. In retrospect, we are quite happy how it all turned out, and we'll keep working on improvements as we go.
Before getting into the meat of the update, let me just preface this by saying that we've never had this much fun playing around with the new update and that we can't wait for you to get your hands on it.
- Completely new melee combat system - This update features a much faster combat style, and provides you with lots of mobility options to move around. We find the new fast-paced taijutsu style highly complementary to the slower and more calculated nature of ninjutsu. This is just one melee style of many that we plan to implement in the future.
- Nations system and two villages (Leaf & Sound) - When creating a character, you will have the option to choose which village to join; Leaf or Sound. The two villages are at constant war, so consider yourself warned when entering a contested zone.
- Grand arena with two outposts - The grand arena stands in between the two power villages, and is considered an invaluable strategic territory.
- Castle Lord Boss - The Lord's sole purpose is to protect the grand arena from enemy intruders. When defeated, the Lord will swap his allegiance to the nation that defeated him and continue his duties to protect the grand arena from newfound enemies, and perhaps old friends.
You are encouraged to form teams, challenge the grand arena Lord, fight off enemy players and conquer the opposing village!
In the meantime, you can check out some of most recent videos which were filmed in preparation for the v0.6 update!
We can't wait to see you in game!