Hi, guys, maybe some of you recently felt ignored by us, but there are some questions that we don't want to answer for the 1349309539204820935023 time all over again. Sorry, but it's not easy for us.
So I decided to make a Frequently asked questions section in which with time we'll collect all the questions and answers that are common. Of course we still want you to ask us what ever you want, just check the FAQ first :)
1. When will this mod be released?
- We have no idea, we can't even guess, so don't ask us! Every question of that type will delay the mod release with 1 day after it's completion
2. How much is ready?
- We show everything that we consider ready. We don't want and we won't bother ourselves with calculations and predictions of percentages, parts, schedules and all sort of things like that so just don't ask
3. Will be any demo before release?
- No, we are planning directly to release a bug free totally playable version 1
4. Can I be a tester?
- When the time for beta testing comes, we will make a casting for testers. We will announce some requirements that a beta tester must complete. But we are far from that point. DO NOT ask us about that, you will be blacklisted and you will never have the chance to be a tester!
5. How many versions are planned?
- 3 for sure, maybe more if we have extra content to add
6. Why you are going to make so many versions?
- Because we want to give you a playable mod far earlier the gran finale of the work
7. What will be included in the different versions?
- In version 1 - fully playable skirmish and GC with the Republic and CIS
- In version 2 - one new faction (still working on the final name) and some new units for all
- In version 3 - a campaign and rise of galactic empire
8. Will there be more than one GC or campaign?
- Yes and maybe. We will make few CG scenarios, but for the campaign we can't share yet, but it's very possible to add a Order 66 small campaign
9. Is one or another unit included in the mod?
- Please ask this only after you check the units lists for the Republic and CIS in the articles section and then ask us in that articles comments section
10. How many factions will be in the mod?
- For now we are planning 3 major factions - Republic, CIS and a criminal cartel (the name is not chosen yet. Don't suggest obvious things like Hutt cartel or Black Sun. We need original ideas)
11. What units will be included in the third faction?
- The third faction is planned for the later versions of the game and we are not working on it, planing it or even thinking about it. We can't answer your questions yet, so have patience and keep them for now
12. Is this the final version of that unit/ vehicle/ map/ whatever?
- No, nothing is the final version, until release, so please, give us feedback :)
13. Are clones/droids going to be individual or on squads?
- All clones and some droids will be individuals, some droids like the B1 are going to be in squads.
14. Any minor factions? Can you add this or that?
- We want really to recreate the atmosphere of the SW galaxy, so this can't happen without the small factions. We have huge plans for the native armies, but we are focused on other things for now, so just have patience, it's too early to talk about them.
15. How many planets will be in CG? Can you add the planet X?
- This is the planets list, check it first before asking. Keep in mind it's very WIP
16. Will you increase the cap limit?
- Yes, we will for both space and ground. We haven't chosen the exact number yet, but it will be enough for epic battles :)
17. Will this mod be added to Steam Workshop?
- Yes, it will, but when that is ready. We will announce it of course via all our news channels
18. Why my question in the comments isn't answered or it has been deleted?
- Well, this may happen for several reasons:
- your post is in a section that we don't check very regularly, e.g. old picture. I check them once per month or two, but don't count on that.
- your question's answer is in the FAQ and you are just ignored by the team.
- your question/comment is not GaW related in any way, offensive, about another mod or mod team/developer or it gives us any other good reason to ignore/delete it.
- we just unwillingly missed it.
So if you don't receive your answer in a day or two, think what is the most possible case. If it's case 1 or 4, repost it, if it's case 2, check this picture
19. I want to help!
- Perfect! We accept all kind of help and for us enthusiasm and desire to learn and improve are far more important than current skill levels. We all started from scratch. If you want to be part of the team, just write us a PM :)
So, for now that is on my mind. The list will be updated regularly. I hope it is helpful :)
Please feel free to ask and suggest anything that's not covered by this FAQ