Maratis is a portable, simple and visual game development tool designed for artists and developers. The Engine has been tested on Windows, Mac and iPhone, and can be virtually used on every platform. Maratis is Free and Open-source. Use a simple Lua scripting langage or have access to the full Engine in C++.
After many years of hard and personal work, I’m proud to present Maratis, a powerful and visual game development tool designed for artists and developers. Engine has been tested on Windows, Mac and IPhone, and can be virtually used on every platform.
Maratis is free and open-source !
You can download Maratis binaries, source code and Blender export script at www.maratis3d.org
- Editor based environment
- Light and powerful Engine (MCore + MEngine), portable, both previous and next generation (Fixed pipeline and Shader based pipeline)
- Per pixel lightning, custom shaders (glsl), normal map, dynamic shadows, animated meshs…
- Multilayered uvMaps (custom multitexture, baked light map, etc)
- Bullet physics, 3D sound, Font system (can load TTF)
- Standard image and sound format (TGA, JPG, PNG, WAV, AIF, OGG…)
- Lua scripting language
- C++ SDK
- Simple and intuitive editor, what you see is what you get
- Plugin system (dll for windows, dylib for mac)
- Scene and objects edition
- Undo / Redo system
- Play testing (play the game inside the editor)
- Very powerful Behavior System
- Project managment with dynamic Game plugin (Each project load his own Game.dll)
- Automatic assets updating (for meshs, textures, shaders, sounds, etc)
- Powerful mesh format with animation (materials, textures, shaders, armatures)
- Simple and clear C++ code
- Used as the Editor SDK
- Virtual contexts and loaders (graphics, sounds, file formats)
- Virtual Renderer System (Editor integrate MFixedRenderer and MStandardRenderer by default)
- Data managment (Static and Dynamic)
- Virtual Game class System (to focuse on game code or to cutomize the game pipeline)
- and more…
See you soon !
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.