Originally created by Volition Inc to run Freespace 2, the FS2_Open engine has been radically improved so that the engine can now compete with modern space combat simulation engines.
This is Novachen's upgraded version of the Renegade Resurgence Campaign for FreeSpace2 in Version 1.1.2-Nova. This is the manual archive, that does not contain a preconfigured wxLauncher profile, but it is usable for Linux and Macintosh aswell.
After the incident at Capella, the GTVA begins a large construction project in the Altair sector to learn more about the Ancient civilization in the hopes those new discoveries might aid them in a future war with the Shivans. But the project was not proceeding as planned. Pirate activities in the area continued to delay constructions. It is time to send armed forces to stop this pirate action. Shockingly, the GTVA is facing an even larger enemy than they had expected...
Extract this into your FreeSpace2 Folder.
1.1.1-Nova -> 1.1.2-Nova
- Compatibility Checks for MediaVPs 3.8.X.
- Changed rr-mod.tbm to ignore every other FreeSpace2 Mission.
1.1 -> 1.1.1-Nova
- The GTF Valkyrie is using a newer model, also the MVP GVF Serapis and the mentioned Valkyrie model were used as a base for creation of upgraded SOC versions of both ships that have two additional gun points.
- All retail models, that were present in the mod files were deleted, so that the MVP version is used.
- Nameplates for every ship that support them.
- Hammer of Light Textures for few HLC Aten and HLD Typhon.
- SOCSimulator.fc2 was deleted, because it only consist of one mission without any story.
- m24b_RR "Counterstrike" was available as an Single Mission. It was added back into the campaign file.