Originally created by Volition Inc to run Freespace 2, the FS2_Open engine has been radically improved so that the engine can now compete with modern space combat simulation engines.
These are the Root files for the A Walk in the Sun campaign for FreeSpace2 in Version 1.0.3-Nova. Do not forget to download the Audio and Visual aswell to run this campaign. This is the manual archive, that does not contain a preconfigured wxLauncher profile, but it is usable for Linux and Macintosh aswell.
You are Alpha 1, wing leader on the GTD Messana during the Second Shivan Incursion and one of very few surviving officers from the Battle for Capella. That war is now over. The GTVA fleet has been devastated. Some fleets have effecively ceased to exist and experienced pilots are a rare breed.
It is in this backdrop that you have been posted to the GTD Phoenicia, currently in the Mintaka system. Your mission; to take a destroyer's worth of untrained fighter pilots and turn them into a force which could withstand the next Shivan invasion. However, fate has other things in mind and the inexperienced ships of GTVA Training Command Group 2 are about to face yet another crisis from an unexpected direction.
Extract this into your FreeSpace2 Folder and select "A Walk in the Sun" as the active mod.
1.0.2-Nova -> 1.0.3-Nova
- Added the MRed and Vasudan Turret to fix Errors on the PVSC Imhotep and SSD Bhaal.
- Inclusion of a newer PVSC Imhotep model
- Nameplates for the GTC Diadem, GTC Impulsive and GTC Daring.
1.0.1-Nova -> 1.0.2-Nova
- Compatibility Checks for MediaVPs 3.8.X.
- Creation of Walk-mod.tbm to ignore all other FreeSpace2 missions.
1.0 -> 1.0.1-Nova
- Added a customized flashes configuration for the new ships.
- The Phoenicia spelling error were corrected.
- The Phoenicia is using the Phoenicia Nameplate.