3.5 - Svitjod Large Town-Capital of Sigtunir changed into a Village - everyone else starts with a village and I had simply forgotten to turn Svitjod back after playtesting - the Franks start with a Town, but they're the exception, Lidsmenn-bug fixed, a much more aggressive campaign-AI from Stainless Steel added, added missing rebel unit-cards, starting diplomacy updated and new strat-models for the Norse & Rus, M2TWEOP-tool Version 2.0 made optional - easier to start-up, easier to use and start-up. Fixed hotseat with scripts working 2020-05/06, Fixed 2018-02/12 - Added new updated ancillaries and traits by Juzy90 - Fixed all the custom settlements, added correct rebels to all the regions.
Wrath of the Norsemen V. 3.5!
Edit as of 2022-04-20 -
- Svitjod Large_Town-Capital of Sigtunir changed into a Village - everyone else starts with a village and I had simply forgotten to turn Svitjod back after play-testing, which made the campaign unfair - the Franks start with a Town, but they're the exception. Now Svitjod won't have a clear advantage at the start as the Large_Town is the highest possible settlement in the game - and developing a village into a large_tow takes a long time in this mod.
- Lidsmenn-bug fixed, the unit will now hold their spears correctly in melee and won't have a bugged javelin instead.
I've fixed the long-standing bug causing the Lidsmenn to not hold their spears properly in melee, so the unit is a combined javelin/spearmen unit - and it's using javelins that are pointing towards the enemy before they're thrown unlike in many other mods.
The issue was such that the spears and javelins where both rigged to the "Weapon_01" joint, causing the spears to be glitched in melee while the javelins looked fine, by changing this to the right_hand-joint the spear became alright instead but the javelin would point the wrong way..
I then finally managed to fix the issue by moving the spear-vertices to the right-hand while not moving the other vertices for the javelin. I had forgotten how to do this but managed to somehow do it in the end. So now the unit is fixed.
- A much more aggressive campaign-AI from Stainless Steel implemented - so the AI won't do nothing for a long period of time anymore and instead will attack everyone it borders.
- Added missing rebel unit-cards - the mod has been updated with fixes to rebel-unit cards that were missing.
- Starting diplomacy and victory conditions updated - improved the victory conditions and the diplomacy at the start.
- New strat-models for the Norse & the Rus' made for and implemented to the mod - a new berserker-heretic for the Rebels without a weapon, a new berserker-assassin for all the Norse factions and the Rus, a new Shieldmaiden-spy based on the edited Call of Warhammer Shield Maidens, a new Vikingr-soldier stratmodel for all the Norse and the Rus using different skins for the armor and the shield - the Rus' share skins with Svitjod - and two of the Norse factions (Moerrafylki & Rygjalandi) do share shield-texture with each other, a new Kertilsveinar-general for all the Norse and the Rus' - the shields have unique textures for most factions, Moerrafylki and Rygjalandi share textures and Svitjod and the Rus' share.
- M2TWEOP-tool Version 2.0 made optional - easier to start-up then the old version of the tool, the mod will now be easier to use and start-up as the WotN.bat-file is now back and could be used instead of the M2TWEOP-tool to play the game.
- The berserker mental state removed as it required the tool, the Berserkirs and the Ulfhednars are using their old models with more shield-variations and using a 1-handed axe and shield in battle instead of a 2-handed axe with the shield on the back.
Wrath of the Norsemen V. 3.4!
- New M2TWEOP-tool V. 2.0 that is much easier to start-up and use!
Wrath of the Norsemen Beta 3.3!
- New berserker-mental state for the Berserkers and the Ulfhednars thanks to the M2TWEOP-tool - the berserkirs also have 2h axes now!
Wrath of the Norsemen Beta V. 3.2!
- Fixed hotseat with scripts working 2020-05/06
- Mod has also been moved under the Kingdoms Expansion instead of the vanilla Medieval 2 game.
- Fixed 2018-02/10:
- Fixed all the custom settlements that were not spawning, as i failed to realize that all the entries were missing in the descr_strat - this probably was due to me uploading a version with the wrong files.
- Also added correct rebels to all the regions, so now you will fight Sami, Finnish, Slav, Baltic, Frisian, Saxon, Rus and Norse rebels in their own homeregions - not just Norse everywhere like before.
- I have also fixed the Frank Infantry unit - so it will attack now and won't just stand there.
- I have fixed the Erzemon Archers (Saxon Mercs) - by replacing the mesh with the mesh in use by TLK:WotN.
- I've replaced the Lokinyki Mercenaries mesh (the same in use by the Huscarls) with the Thengs of TLK:WotN.
- Burwaran-unit fixed - by replacing the animations in the BMDB-file.
- Formations added to Vikings, Saxons and Franks - just like in TLK:WotN.
- Outdated upgrade of the Skjoldborgsmen removed.
- Sami Shamans have gotten the old portrait back, that were never in use due to it's name being wrong in the folder.
- Diplomacy has been overhauled, factions start at war with most of the ones they should be at war with - this is done to stop the AI from being peaceful or a coward. It worked well i think.
- Saxon portraits updated - to the new ones that i created from TLK:WotN.
All in all the rebels took the most time, and i have tested it enough to know that it's stable (172 turns) and i did also check the settlements.
Fixed 27-07/17: Fixed issue with Freyseyr settlement plus added historical names for cities.
1. Fixes all the remaining silver surfer captains and generals.
2. Adds missing portraits for the two sami units.
3. Changes the names of the Frisian/Saxon mercenaries to more easily identify them as mercs.
4. Re-adds the music-mod but with heavily edited and cut music tracks.
5. Re-uses the old scripts for the single player campaign - for hotseat plz rename the "campaign_script"-file to something else - and then name the one labeled "campaign_script_hotseat" as "casmpaign_script"
- When playing with hotseat most of the scripts doesn't work past turn number two, while on the other hand if you play with working scripts the hotseat will CTD when trying to enter the campaign.
6. I've also added new strat-models for the Frankish captain and general.
7. Also i've implemented new custom settlements for all factions. - Slavs and most Vikings share theirs:
- three out of four Norse vikings have different styled villages and towns but the same style in large town and cities:
- sami/finns do use the same as Alba will use in TLK:WotN:
- and finally the Franks have the Byzantium ones and is the only faction with civilized cities:
The mod is pretty much done now!
Start by clicking the .bat-file inside of mods/WotN.