A small, fan-made patch for the classic mod Paranoia.
This small patch fixes a few issues and adds a few tweaks to the classic, fan-favorite HL1 mod Paranoia.
Here's the changelog:
- added explosion screenshake (dlls/ggrenade.cpp)
- re-implemented "default_fov" command (various files)
- fixed npc turning speeds (dlls/basemonster.h & dlls/monsters.cpp)
- lowered ai fail delay (dlls/defaultai.cpp & various monster files)
- removed "fmod_volume" cvar and moved it's functionality to "MP3Volume" (fixes the music volume option) (cl_dll/mp3.cpp)
- fixed "bouncy" crouch (pm_shared/pm_shared.c)
- moved fmod system shutdown to the ShutdownInput() function, seems to be a lot more stable (from cl_dll/hud.cpp to cl_dll/input.cpp)
- fixed being unable to use things while reloading or switching weapons (dlls/player.cpp)
- made npcs lose collision as soon as they die (dlls/AI_BaseNPC_Schedule.cpp)
- no more ear-blasting scientist screams during sniper cover section (dlls/scientist.cpp)
- converted codebase to VS2019
Works with both the original mod version and the standalone Xash version! I recommend using the latest Xash build with this as well, as it has better support for higher resolutions and more bug fixes.
Source code is included in the "_src" folder.