This version features an overhaul to infantry, a new GDI structure, enhanced lighting, and the first two chapters of the new campaign story.
- Superweapons skirmish option will now function properly
- Mission 4 cliff will now be revealed when destroyed by mutants
- Mission 7 Nod will no longer fire upon your ally
Update 2.5 is here, part one of four consecutive updates that will be introduced that will significantly overhaul The Second Tiberium War. This version brings the long needed Infantry Overhaul, enhanced lighting, Ion Reactor for GDI, and the first two chapters of the new redesigned campaign. This update also prepares the groundwork for the upcoming Naval Expansion featured for release in version 2.6!
The campaign has been redesigned from scratch with many improvements to flow, story, and visuals. This update will include the first two chapters of five which tell the story of events leading up to The Second Tiberium War.
- New Campaign chapter 1 + 2
- All infantry have been overhauled including weapon, visuals, icons
- Ion Reactor Plug in available for GDI
- Lighting effects have been polished
- Base Lamp now constructible on Night maps
- All units sight reduced
- Unit Veteran Promotion now more difficult to attain
- Artillery whistle removed
- Stealth audio changed
- Ion Research Center animation improved
- Temple of Nod animation improved
- Signature array animation improved
- Reduced Ion storm strength
- GDI Central Command now has animation.
- Cinematic missions have new icon
- Obelisk of light has reduced rate of fire and damage
- Land Mine reduced to 275$
- Rocket Tower now Missile Tower
- Missile Tower has smoother animation
- Hover MRLS is now 675$, modified to match price
- Some explosions now have lighting effect attached
- Security tower animation changed
- Phoenix Bomb explosion changed
- Map: Tainted Scar updated with lamps
- Armadillo temporarily disabled pending balance changes
- Westwood billboard now green on temperate maps
- Bodies now remain longer on battlefield
- Soldier Electrify animation full brightness
- Pulse cannon weapon fire modified
There are much more changes coming in the next update which is well into development so get excited as the battle for the sea's is just around the corner!