This is my shot at making a decent expansion for Star Trek Starfleet Command 3. I've also included some tools I used when making this mod. The main improvement that version 3.0 brings to the table is a fix for the lock ups/freezes and crashes that plagued previous versions of this mod. Many other bugfixes are also included (for example the Enterprise not showing up in single player missions and some ships not having officers) as well as better damage textures for most ships, new textures and/or models for some ships and there are a few new ships as well. The mod now comes with an installer too. In general I've done a lot to polish the whole thing. As a whole the mod adds 3 new empires and ships from 10 new cultures, several new missions and skirmish scripts, overall faster gameplay and better graphics. I hope you enjoy it.
CHANGES/ADDITIONS (over all versions of the mod)
1) All weapons are 50% more powerful, Borg weapons are only 40% more powerful, to make the game more balanced.
2) All Federation, Klingon and Romulan engines are 50% faster, Borg impulse engines are between 35% (types I through VII) and 50% faster (types VII through X).
3) Shields regenerate faster.
4) Ships and stations are easier to hit, especially the smaller ones (it should give large ships a better chance against "mosquito attacks" but really doesn't upset game balance too much).
5) Conquest mode now features a variety of new missions, some done by The Pelikan and El-Karnak, some made by myself, the casino mission has been removed from conquest mode.
6) The Dominion, Cardassians and Ferengi are added as non-playable races: you will encounter them during conquest mode on the new 7 races map and their ships are playable in skirmish mode.
7) In conquest mode alliances will be fixed and set up as follows: relations between the stock races will remain the same as in the original game, the Cardassians are allied to the Romulans and Ferengi and hostile to everyone else. The Dominion are allied to the Ferengi and hostile to everyone else, the Ferengi are allied to everyone except the Borg, don't trust the Ferengi though: when they're in your fleet you'll never know which side they will choose in battles, unless you're fighting the Borg. All empires except the Ferengi and the Borg have access to one or two starship classes from allied medium or minor powers.
8) Pirates and Rakellians will now use Ferengi shuttles.
9) Most of the planets and space backgrounds (nebulas, etc...) have new high-res textures.
10) Pulse phasers, photon, gravitmetric and quantum torpedoes have new textures and sounds, disruptors, cutting beams, tachyon pulses and tractor beams have new textures.
11) Shields are blue now, but will turn red when almost depleted.
12) Fleets in conquest mode can now hold up to three ships of any hull class, even battleships.
13) Assaulting bases and planets will now turn those sectors over to your side more quickly.
14) You will now start conquest mode in a ship with a full equipment loadout, of the same class as in the original game.
15) Sensor ranges of all bridge computer types have been increased.
16) Phasers and Romulan disruptors are thinner.
17) Almost all stock ships and stations have new textures and/or models.
18) Freighters now have better phasers and hull armor.
19) All battleships (BB) now come with a full equipment loadout and fully stocked with shuttles, mines and marines.
20) AI ships with full equipment loadouts will now cross your path from time to time in conquest mode.
21) I've added some more escort ships in the impossible (in the patched version of the game anyway) mission "Elusive Quarry" to make it beatable. This script does not require my mod, so anyone can use it.
22) Waiting time before conquest mode missions has been reduced.
23) Officers can now take more damage.
24) Borg armour has been reduced by 10%, to make the game more balanced.
25) The following ships will be added:
- Ju'day class corvette (FS)- Runabout gun boat (PG)- Nova class (FF), Olympic class (FF)- Miranda class (DD)- Steamrunner class (CL) and Centaur class (CL)- Nyberrite Cruiser (CL)- Ambassador class (BC)- Gorn Wyvern class (BC)- Heavy Sovereign class (BB)- Prometheus class (BB)
- Nausicaan Frigate (FF)- Heavy Negh'var class (BB)
- Tzenkethi Raider (FF)- Tholian Interceptor (DD)- Valdore class (CA)
- D'Koren class (FF and a DD version for the AI)- D'Kora class (CL and a CA version for the AI)
- D'Naren class (BC)
- Jem'Hadar Attackship (FF)- Breen Patrol Ship (DD)- Jem’Hadar Cruiser (CL)- Breen Warship (CA and a BC version for the AI)- Jem'Hadar Warship (DN)- Jem'Hadar Battleship (BB)
- Pirate Raider (FF)- Ferengi Privateer (DD)- Breen privateer (CL)- Pirate Heavy Cruiser (CA)
- Hideki class (FF)- Son'a Destroyer (DD)- Galor class (CL)- Keldon class (CA)- Veracidor class (BC)- Son'a Dreadnaught (DN)- Hutet class (BB)
- The Doomsday Machine (BB), a slow moving but very powerful monster and the Crystalline entity, a weaker but more agile monster with 360 degree firing arcs. These monsters are only playable in skirmish mode but will make an appearance as a monster in conquest mode where they will replace the stock monster on a random basis.
- Species 8472 Scout (DD) and Species 8472 Bioship (BB) are playable in skirmish mode and can be encountered in conquest mode by Borg players.
26) Changed/new missions:
Surprised Reversed: same as the original, but Dominion, Cardassian and Ferengi fleets can now be encountered.
Convoy Escort: protect a convoy from attackers, there doesn't have to be convoy in your hex on the map for this mission to show up.
Distress Call/Emergency: a ship of your empire, less or equally powerful powerful as your own ship (but it also depends on the difficulty setting) is under attack by enemy ships.
Scan: same as before, but now all of your enemies can attack your ship, the strength of the attackers depends on your ship's hullclass and the difficulty setting, scan range is increased to 30.
Resistance: your territory is invaded by Species 8472 when playing as Borg, when playing as other races the Borg are the invaders.
Intruder Alert: there are now three variations of this mission. One is the original mission, the other one features the Doomsday Machine or Crystalline Entity as monsters.
Convoy Assault: now also features Dominion, Ferengi and Cardassian convoys.
Shipyard Assualt: now correctly features Dominion, Cardassian and Ferengi shipyards and defenders.
Light Patrol: you will face ~3 enemy ships, enemy team strength is based on your ship's hullclass and the difficulty setting, you will also be assigned AI helper ships.
Heavy Patrol: same as counter punch patrol but now you face ~6 enemy ships.
Base Attack: same as before but with AI helper ships for the player, depending on the difficulty setting.
Planetary Assault: now also features AI helper ships.
Banzai: Several waves of Jem’Hadar Attackships attack one of your outposts, stand your ground.Seek & Destroy: you are tasked with destroying an enemy battleship rampaging through the region. The enemy battleship will be escorted by two frigates.
Additional missions (by El-Karnak and The Pelican) are: Scout, The Neutral Zone, Pirate Raid and Hostile Territory.
1) Reinstall the game unless it's the original version (no mods).
2) Install patch 534b.
3) Run the SFC3 Upgrade Mod 3.0 exe installer and choose the main directory of your Starfleet Command 3 installation.
4) Install fleetpick (you don't have to to make this mod work but it's a nice skirmish scenario editor).
NOTE: This mod will overwrite you customloadout file, be sure to back your custom ships up, write their configs down and you can add them after the mod is installed.
Conquest mode may crash when you've defeated the last base or planet of an enemy empire, when that happens reload the last autosave and you should be able to continue playing.
Artifex.exe (map editor) only works under (virtual) Windows XP, watch tabs and spacing in loadout files!
Included in ReadME file in download.
Included in ReadME file in download.