LibreCoop is an Open Source coop mod for Dhewm3.
This file is for windows 32 bits Dhewm3 only.
CHANGELOG from Alpha 1.2:
- OpenCoop Custom Maps are now compatible.
- Some GUIs sync better
- A very few crash fixes more.
- Sync with entities improved a bit more.
- Mars city underground exit elevator now is visible.
- g_clientsideDamage improved (still 0 by default)
- Some outside areas now don't look pitch black anymore.
- g_unblockPlayers making enemies non-solid with players fixed.
- Shooting enemies (zombies and npcs) at head now works again
- Security Camera GUI now fixed and sync in multiplayer.
- Delta Labs Sector 3 Map improved for LibreCoop
- Fix some bugs and problems related with clients reconnecting.
- Clients who connect in middle of the game get pda security clearence and keys that were already picked up by other players before.
- [ROE] Fix bug that made players instantly die at DeltaX and with some teleports in general.
- [ROE] Erebus Research - Level 5 now actually gives you the key you need.
- Don't allow players using different versions of librecoop to join.
Let's take a look at LibreCoop for Dhewm3 features:
- Compatibility with OpenCoop maps
- Clientside movement (net_clientsideMovement)
- Coop game mode
- Survival game mode (same as coop but with limited amount of lives defined by si_lives)
- Open Source
- Cinematics and PDAs working
- Improved original idtech 4 netcode
- Compatible with ROE
- Custom maps friendly: Includes checkpoint commands in order to make it easier to play custom maps that are not prepared for coop.
- (Manual) Adjustable difficulty with g_fastMonsters and g_damageFactor
- Clientside Damage (g_clientsideDamage. optional and experimental, by default it's 0. It's a server cvar)
Important: It is highly recommended to play using a dedicated server.
This file also include the OpenCoop Alpha 2.0 (plus SimoK 2.1 patch) maps for LibreCoop.
OpenCoop 2.0 alpha
Coding, scripting & map modifications: Nicemice
Map modifications, guis, & scripting : Klonsemann
OpenCoop 2.1 patch
Map modifications & scripting: Simo-K
Beta testers: Windman, Simo-K, SNEAKYTING
If you want to compile it for Linux or another OS, here's the source code: Github.com
Credits: mjsonofharry and Stradex
Special thanks to: Erickmx, 00_zombie_00, romdos and the people from IDTech 4 Discord Server.