WARNING! It's version for compatibility. Look requirements below
Required version of GZDoom 1.8+, 1.9+. The main version of wad you can find and download below.
HontE Remastered (main)
Warning! Running only in OpenGL mode! Size and intensity of dynamic lights should be equal 1.0. Other values - not recommended.
ALSO! Zandronum is not supported! Do not complain about bugs if you use it!
All information about it you can find on my page (in blogs). May be not so much details, but i'll try to give a main news about development.
- Sectors with water working not correctly in Brutal Doom and Project Brutality. Headshots above the water can freeze your computer for a while. Also, punched monsters in the water just exploding without any reason. IMPs multiplying in water and s***ng a tonns of brutal bonuses (Partly fixed in new Brutal Doom, but still bugged in Project Brutality).
- Lamps in Brutal Doom keeps light even when broken. It occurs, because dynamic lights and lamps are different things. I can make light into lamps, but if you'll break them, some places will drown in darkness.
- Punched IMPs into chasm is not counted as killed by player. WTH i just said... Anyway, when you trying to punch IMP into chasm on map20 (with Brutal Doom or Project Brutality of course), he (or she... whatever) turns to something that isn't "monster". So, theoretically, you kill monster (body disappeared, corpse spawned), but he isn't counted as killed.
- Q: The lava kills me fast. Can i set it off?
- A: Yes. Now you can. Use honte_instakill 0/1 console command. Alos you can switch lava and slime streams mechanics. Use console command honte_streaminteraction 0/1/2 for this (0 - no damage; 1 - 1HP in 1\35 sec; 2 - 5HP in 2 sec for slime and 20HP in 2 sec for lava if honte_instakill 0.
- Q: Why all levels in full darkness and i can't see nothing?
- A: Check your GZDoom settings. Make sure, that dynamic lights are alowed and values of size and intensity close to 1.0. And yeah, map-pack not working in software mode
- Q: Why all textures are grey?
- A: Turn off "Force additive lightning"
- Q: Where i can change all settings?
- A: Options/Display options/OpenGL options/Dynamic lights options. Also you can change some another options for your self. Try it, but please, do not report me about it... (Attention, in new versions of GZDoom, some settings are not available anymore).
- Q: What means FOGZ version?
- A: A: FOGZ - For Other GZdoom. Some effects look wrong in some old and some new versions of GZDoom. FOGZ version cuts some effects for compatibility.
- Q: Why all liquids are almost invisible?
- A: WAD require certain version of GZDoom. If you see liquids like this (screenshot below), you can use FOGZ version of my WAD. In this version liquids will look like normal (but they will keep depth)
- Q: What it means - HontE ?
- A: Actually, HontE means Hell ON The Earth. And yeah, i know meaning of this word in french language :3