Standalone add-on that adds "Morality" mode and the "Greedy Shops" features. This contains all the previous fixes and features of the mod for your convenience. The George Romero Riptide Mod was made in honor of George Romero, considered to be the "Father of Zombie Movies". This mod aims to replicate the behaviour of the Romero zombies, which means that zombies are mostly slow and can only be killed by destroying the brain. There are also other optional features included in this mod to satisfy the cravings of Dead Island players. The Walking Dead comics and tv series and even the zombie comedy Shaun of the Dead are two very well loved horror entertainment that closely follow the Romero style of zombies. Since the mod also aims to give the players a survival horror experience, the fighting system has been customized and you also have other optional choices to suit your needs, like being able to play with modern fast zombies.
New Optional Features:
- "Morality" mode. There is only one way off the island and every survivor wants to leave. Everyone is ready to kill. Will you help those in need or will you use them as distractions for the zombies to feast on?
- "Greedy Shops". The people of the island are trying to take advantage of the zombie apocalypse by charging ridiculous prices for weapons of survival!
- "Blades and Roses" mode. The men and women have become paranoid! They are all over the place and they'll use their blades and rifles to kill you!
- "Exorcist" mode. The women have been possessed by demons! They will set you on fire! Beware, they are very creepy!
- "Gunner's Island" mode. The island has been taken over by gun crazy women! Experience Dead Island Riptide as a true first person shooter!
- "Lilliput" mode. The little people of Lilliput have been zombified! Beware these tiny flesh eaters!
- "Slashers" mode. The women have disappeared and the men have gone crazy due to loneliness. They will use their swords to slash you to pieces!
- "Ammo Loot" - the zombies have arrived and the entire place is a battlefield! Fortunately, the inhabitants seem to be lovers of guns and ammunition! Those who have become one of the undead still carry around some leftover ammo!
Game: Dead Island Riptide
Mod: George Romero Mod Version 9 Survival Horror Edition
Release Date: May 15, 2013
Original ModDb Download Page: Moddb.com
Reddit Page: Redd.it
Steam Thread: Forums.steampowered.com
By: Adeno aka Beseron on Steam Thread
Dynamic Fighting System:
- "Dynamic Fighting System" (aka "Realistic Damage") feature and re-adjusted fighting system. Effectiveness of weapons don't simply depend on damage or level anymore, but rather on how realistically it can damage a zombie's head in "real life". A golf club or a paddle is not as effective as a big hammer or sword no matter what level they or the zombies are. Firearms are still the most powerful, it only takes one bullet to destroy a zombie's head. Different weapons open up dynamic battle strategies!
- Optional "More Zombies" feature.
- Improved "Matrix Mode".
- Optional "Level Chooser" feature, start from level 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, or 70!
- Optional "War Machine" feature, start with a massive collection of melee weapons, firearms, and bombs!
- Zombies only die by destroying the head or somehow causing harm to the head.
- Three zombie ai versions to choose from: slow Zombies that only grab, slow zombies that can attack, and modern fast zombies that can attack.
- Zombie bites are fatal. Even slow Romero zombies are big threats if you let one grab you and bite your neck!
- Zombies will notice you from far away and will continue following you unless they encounter geographical challenges.
- Realistic Damage, weapon effectiveness vary, with smaller and weaker items not being so effective and weapons designed for killing more useful.
- You can now collect food and drinks instead of using them right away. Collecting food is very valuable especially when trying to survive against modern zombies.
- Increased zombie population in certain areas.
- There is now a No HUD option to get as close to "reality" as possible.
- Optional: Survivalist, War, and Special shops versions.
- Optional: Survivalist and Tourist inventory versions.
- Optional: Survivalist and Tourist realistic damage versions.
- Optional: EXP Rate versions: 25%, 50%, 75%, 2X, and 5X.
- BONUS: Matrix Mode
- BONUS: Athletic Mode
- BONUS: Level Chooser
- BONUS: War Machine
- BONUS: Ammo Loot
- BONUS: Blades and Roses Mode
- BONUS: Exorcist Mode
- BONUS: Gunner's Island Mode
- BONUS: Lilliput Mode
- BONUS: Slashers Mode
- BONUS: Morality Mode
What is the George Romero Mod?
This is a mod named after the "father" of the zombie genre, George Romero, who popularized the idea of zombies in his film called "Night of the Living Dead". In modern times, there are all sorts of zombies, ranging from the normal slow shambling types to the more imaginative hybrid zombie types that sometimes are powered by science and technology. The classic Romero zombie is the slow and typically dumb zombie whose only mission is to eat the nearest living flesh available. These Romero zombies don't care if their body parts get chopped off or whether they are headed towards the edge of a building. They will usually head straight towards their victim unless their path is blocked, and that's the only time they would either find another way around or just continue walking forward even though they can't make any progress. A good example of a beloved modern day story featuring Romero style zombies is The Walking Dead tv show and comics. This mod aims to get as close as possible to Romero's vision of zombies within the limitations of Dead Island Riptide's design.
Most recently, modern day "fast" zombies, as seen on the remake of Romero's movie classic "Dawn of the Dead", have been included as an optional part of this mod to make zombie fans of both slow and fast types happy.
The fighting system has also been adjusted to enhance the player's survival horror experience. This time around, your ability to kill a zombie does not rely on the base damage that a weapon can deal with. Just think of it this way, in zombie movies, weapons don't have levels. A golf club will never be as good as a sword when it comes to killing a zombie. A golf club isn't the best weapon against a zombie, and it might take 10 hits or more to the head before the zombie dies unless the attacker hits the zombie in a weak spot on its head. On the other hand, a sword can easily destroy a zombie's head because it's a weapon designed to kill.
Different types of weapons have varying effectiveness when it comes to destroying a zombie's head. Smaller and weaker weapons like sticks, brooms, paddles, and the like only have a 10% chance of destroying a zombie's brain right away. Medium sized weapons of average power like sickles, cleavers, and others have 20% chance of destroying the head. Weapons specifically designed for battle like swords, machetes, axes, and big hammers have 30% chance of inflicting destructive damage to a zombie's brain. The extremely rare Legendary Weapons all have 50% chance of instantly destroying a zombie's head.
* Please read the ReadMe.txt file to learn more about how to install this mod and to find out more information. The description has met the 10,000 character limit, thank you! *