A complete version of the CWE mod. To install, follow the instructions below. Full changelog on the Github page. Do not forget to clear the map cache. You can view the partial changelog with the important features added/changed below. Updated as of 16/09/2018.
Copy CWE and CWE.mod from the CWE.zip file to the mod directory of your Victoria 2 Programs File.
CWE requires Victoria 2 Heart of Darkness Version 3.04
While the Moddb file will give you big changes between versions, you may still feel that you wish to follow the mod more closely so I have made a Github Repository with the mod where you can download the most up to date Dev version of the mod. However as it may be updated frequently, you may have to download the lastest Github version multiple times for small commits like bug fixes etc but what you will get will be the most updated Development version of CWE.
Version 1.08 Partial Changelog:
- Revised the proxy wars system to simulate more realistic proxy wars
- Devolution chain that affects non cored states to simulate greater regional autonomy
- Fully working anti ballistic missile system
- Tweaked 1946 starting prestige levels to lower levels
- Fleshed out the EEC
- Increased alt history possibilities
- Fixed many wars such as the Yugoslav war, Chechen war
- Improved decolonisation mechanics
- Added more wars such as the ifni war and the football war and the invasion of Grenada etc.
- More regional alliance systems such as SEATO, the Baghdad pact and the RSS
- Overhauled the peace mission system
- Functioning ICJ
- Soviet bloc constitutions
- Khmer Rouge and south Vietnam tweaks
- UAR tweaks
- Fixed the decolonisation chains of all colonial powers
- Corrected localisation of countries and fixed flags of many countries
- Tweak developmental levels system
- Overhauled the legacy nwo immigration system to be 100% dynamic and no longer scripted eg. Chinese pops are scripted to migrate to Canada
- Minor stuff such as the plaza accords, Tokyo trials and fate of the last emperor of China have been added
- Eastern European chains have been mostly fixed and improved
- Added more secessionist states such as the bangsamoro republic and Maluku
- UN trust territory system
- Malaysia event chain overhaul
- Many more war goals can now be added during wars irregardless of war policy
- Peaceful means to install a communist dictatorship
- Sri Lankan Tamil Tiger insurgency
- Enhanced the coup mechanics to switch gov types based on pop majority ideology
- Crisis probability is dependent on world tension and UNSG personality
Some people have asked whether not being able to justify war is a bug. It is not. The ability to justify war is tied to ruling party war policy and world tension levels and your war progress. So unless you fulfill at least one of those conditions then war justification will be possible.