Here is a simple WAD that changes the PC doom in the style of the PSX version. Enjoy!
Title: PSX Doom HUD for Vanilla
Here is a simple WAD that changes the PC doom in the style of the PSX version.
The wad changes the:
- Weapon speeds
The HUD layout is changed to fit with the PC layout however.
It replaces all original sounds to the sounds from the PSX Port.
The WAD also uses a DeHackEd patch where it just changes the speed of the weapons to similar speeds from
the PSX port (PAL).
This WAD was intended for Vanilla Doom therefore it should be compatible with all sourceports!
There is also a PSXDoom Enhanced (PSXDoomEnhanced.wad) which has higher quality sounds,
a few sprite adjustments and blood spots!
However the enhanced wad needs a sourceport! (Due to extra graphics without importing everything from an IWAD)
It's possible to get the Enhanced one running in Vanilla Doom using some importing.
- Fixed a very minor palette issue with these mini font characters: @ _ Q
- Fixed a bug where the blood drops clip under the ground a bit in GZDoom
(when you have the default sprite OpenGL clipping settings. For PSXDoomEnhanced.wad)
- Added the bigfont for ZDoom based engines (Shamelessly taken from PSXDoom TC).
- Added a Multiplayer menu graphic for Zandronum
- Fixed the frame timing for the Pistol Flash in DEHACKED.
- Added Colour Translation Tables for PrBoom based engines so the new font won't have palette issues.
I had to develop a small program to convert PNGs to Doom palette to PrBoom translation tables.
Took QUITE a lot of time to do so I certainly hope you enjoy the HUD/Message colours in this Doom engine!
- Fixed a very small but annoying issue, where the chaingun sound would crack/pop in ZDoom based engines.
- Fixed the small red line palette issue with the hud numbers.
- Also made the hud numbers thinner, which also involved re-aligning the status bar sections slightly.
- Fixed the speeds of the weapons slightly. The Shotgun is now just a tad slower to be correct,
- The chainsaw speed was changed backed to the original PC/PAL version due to it having the NTSC speed before! Oops...
- Added PSXDoomEnhanced.wad (Same as PSXDoom, but has some little extras):
Also please don't mix this together with PSXDoom.wad, it already includes everything you need from the original PSXDoom.WAD.
- Some of the higher quality sounds from the iphone Doom (32000hz!)
- And blood drops in this WAD! (Not a PSX thing, but it's cool regardless)
To turn them off, just comment out the "blood" areas in the DEHACKED file inside of the PSXDoomEnhanced.wad
- Raised Chaingun frames higher and shifted the chainsaw by 1 pixel on the 2nd animations (like the PSX).
- Fixed multiplayer MUG colours (by disabling them, the PSX version had no MUG colours).
- Added FRAGS on the status bar.
- Made ARMS look very slightly better on the status bar.
- Extended the ARMOR part on the status bar by 1 pixel (This way the MUG face is directly in the middle).
- Full PSX mini font!
- Replaced all big text with ones from the PSX font except for the intermission screen.
(Kept it this way otherwise if you play Final Doom, it will have the wrong titles for the intermission screen)
- PSX Menu skull!
- Included the DEHACKED patch inside the WAD aswell in case you're using a modern sourceport.
- Adjusted the Keys so they fit slightly better on the HUD.
- Original WAD Release.