Adds a logical NPC body claiming system to discourage unfair looting.
Consider using this newer version from Nullblank instead:
NPC Loot Claim v18.104.22.168 (Bugfix) addon - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat - Mod DB
for Anomaly 1.5.1
To install :
- Install the 'gamedata' folder from 'NPC Loot Claim - Main'.
- (optional) Install the 'gamedata' folder from 'Optional - Better loot'.
In vanilla Anomaly, NPCs don't claim bodies before they actually loot them, and are apparently okay with you stealing all of their loot right in front of them. Besides being unimmersive, this can break game balance by giving the player a ton of loot for free. This addon changes that by adding claims and preventing looting of other's kills under certain circumstances. You can freely loot your own kills, but trying to loot others' kills will be discouraged.
I also suggest setting the gameplay - general setting "corpse loot distance" to the max possible (25m), so that other NPCs are less likely to physically steal your loot.
An optional 'better loot' module is included, since this addon will allow you to give STALKERs more realistic levels of loot without completely breaking progression.
How it works:
- When a STALKER dies, their body's loot is claimed by both the killer's squad and the victim's remaining squadmates. Only factions neutral to the player can make claims. If the actor killed the victim, no claims are made by any NPCs, and the body can be freely looted by the player
- If both the killer's squad dies, and the victim's squadmates die, then any allies of theirs within 50 meters will claim the body
- If no allies of the victim/killer exist within 50m, the body is unclaimed and the actor can loot it freely
- Attempting to loot a claimed body will prevent you from doing so, and you will be warned by one of the NPCs claiming it.
- Attempting to loot the same claimed body 3 times (not necessarily in a row!) will cause the NPC to issue a final warning
- Attempting to loot the same claimed body 4 times will cause the claiming squad to turn hostile to you. However, you will then be allowed to loot the body. You will lose some reputation and goodwill (-10) with the claiming faction for being a known thief/looter.
Can be safely installed/uninstalled mid-game without issue. Leaves no traces in savegame files.
1.0.5 - (2021/03/28)
- Fixed some users' inconsistent force-closing by using a new method
1.0.4 - (2021/03/25)
- Hostile squads (from looting their claims) no longer bother the actor about trying to loot their other claims
- Monolith players will no longer have zombies making claims
- Implemented reputation/goodwill loss for stealing (-10 goodwill loss with that faction)
- Code improvements for optimization and consistency
- Optional 'better loot' module: Reduced min condition drop of weapons/outfits by ~5%
1.0.3 - (2021/03/24)
- Fixed invalid claims not being cleared (ex: mutant claims)
- Fixed issue where extremely high relations with a faction could lock the actor out of stealing from that faction
- The 4th attempt to loot a claimed body now opens the looting UI (while the claiming squad simultaneously turns hostile)
1.0.2 - (2021/03/24)
- Better handling of claims on victims of mutant attacks
- Fixed potential crash when a squad dies mid-function execute
1.0.1 - (2021/03/23)
- Improved consistency of inventory closing on attempt to loot claimed bodies
- Companions don't make claims
- Code optimizations
- Optional 'better loot' module: gun/armor condition minimums decreased
Warfare Alife Overhaul
Separated Helmets Outfits Backpacks
Bounty Squads Expanded
NPC Loot Claim
Modular Miscellaneous Tweaks
Y+F Fluid Dynamic Relations (maintained by me)