Would you like Clear Sky to look great again? No more broken normal maps or lower-than-usual texture quality? A CS-1b that doesn't use the wrong normal map? Then this mod is exactly for you.
Fixed Clear Sky.
Clear Sky have had this major issue ever since the game Clear Sky itself: Their Normal Maps, while great and of professional quality, were using the wrong "Green Channel".
Luckily, the fix is extremely easy and it makes an amazing difference, so that has been done.
Now, in terms of Anomaly, it has quite the flaws:
For one, all textures were downscaled (badly, too) to 1024x2 while the originals were 2048x2.
Some have had texture changes that make no sense, such as the CS-1a getting a "wood camo" cowl, why? He's in the Swamps, doesn't help his cowl is very bright too. Even their own ridiculous "Clear Sky" camo makes much more sense.
+ that also includes using "Urban Camo" for the CS-1b and CS-3b, not only is it unfit, it's so badly made it's low quality.
And for the worst, they were using the wrong normal maps for some models such as the CS-1b, which is easily visible with how his torso armor looks all messy.
Well then, with all that in mind, I have decided to go ahead and fix it.
(If you wanna know more and how, just check the "DETAILS" category.)
Simply extract the "gamedata" folder into your STALKER Anomaly directory.
The mod will conflict with anything that changes the texture itself.
- All textures are now 2048x2048 instead of 1024x1024, should help with fidelity and sharpness. (some normal maps remain 1024x1024 since that's how it was in the original)
- Model Smoothing fixed and improved. This will give much greater fidelity on par with the Normal Map.
- Normal Maps have been fixed, by adjusting the Blue channel, this is especially noticeable on the CS-3b, the biggest armor Clear Sky has.
- "Clear Sky" camo restored for those that weren't using it, like the CS-1b and CS-3b.
- CS-1b has a better variant, this one uses green pants and Cyan details on his armor.
- CS-3b has a variant that uses black pants, lighter camo and darker armor.
There will be none.
They are files taken from Clear Sky Build 3320, do whatever you want.
Just don't forget that, in the end, GSC has the license, so don't go selling these or whatever.
Also please do mention that the "creator" of this fix is Blackgrowl, give him some credit.