* RELEASE CANDIDATE 2 * It was a dark and stormy night, and Doomguy had just spent another evening locked in his study, examining an ancient occult tome. But what was that strange, evil music coming from far away?
** FOR ZDOOM v2.8.1 and GZDOOM **
Dungeon Synths OST playlist:
Dungeon Synths playthrough videos playlist:
It was a dark and stormy night, and Doomguy had just spent another evening locked in his study, examining an ancient occult tome. But what was that strange, evil music coming from far away?
Dungeon Synths is a 9+1 map musical odyssey from the Digital Bards Krew, merging the worlds of medieval fantasy and vintage synthesizers. This is the first of (hopefully) many bimonthly ZDoom-oriented community projects organized by several veterans of the DBP series, run on the ZDoom forums. The project targets ZDoom 2.8.1 but has also been tested with recent GZDoom versions. Dungeon Synths features an ogg soundtrack of music from classic RPGs, particularly Legend of Dragoon and Dark Cloud 2, newly arranged for (virtual) vintage synthesizers and drum machines.
IWAD: Doom 2
Freelook: Permitted, not necessary
Swimming: Required--if not using freelook, make sure to have swim up/down controls bound
Difficulty settings: Yes
Multi-player starts: 8 per map, currently untested
You are highly encouraged to play with sound and music on. Please also mod carefully, as there are several custom monsters and decorations.
01. "Keys Open Doors" - Big Ol' Billy
02. "Sombersong Sewers" - BearInThaWoods
03. "Kasparov's Claim" - Scrangus McBrickdad
04. "Knights of the Patch Cables" - Big Ol' Billy
05. "Tone-Setter" - Scrangus McBrickdad and Glenzinho
06. "Low-Frequency Incantation" - Big Ol' Billy
07. "Synthful Journey" - Glenzinho
08. "Vlad's Carpathian Concert" - Doom_RO
09. "The Icon of Synth" - Big Ol' Billy
10. "Digital Bards Krew" (credits map) - 4MaTC and Big Ol' Billy