Where S.T.A.L.K.E.R. meets Fallout... Ever wanted to drink Nuka-Cola on your trip to the CNPP? Ever wished that you could look like a vault dweller while chilling at the Bar? If so, then read on...
EDIT (07/04/2022): This addon is no longer being worked on as I am pursuing other S.T.A.L.K.E.R. projects and mods for other games, though elements of this mod may be used in any future projects that I work on.
Are you a fan of the Fallout games? Do you wish to travel through the Zone while wearing Power Armor? Are you willing to build up an empire of bottlecaps? If so, then this mod is for you! Please read this entire description before using this mod.
With this mod, players are able to take on the persona of a variety of characters from the Fallout games. From the Lone Wanderer to Preston Garvey, there's something for everyone when it comes to this mod. Various different sets of armor and outfits, along with a few helmets, are included in this mod. On top of that, the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats system has been implemented into this mod, allowing players to incorporate their own builds into this game based on their equipped items.
- Please make a backup copy of your gamedata folder before you use this mod. A new save game is recommended when using this mod.
- The S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats do not affect the gameplay of this mod in any way. These have been implemented for role-playing purposes only.
- A few of the game's weapons have been altered in terms of their performance and their appearance.
- All of this mod's difficulty tiers remain the same as the vanilla difficulty tiers (Rookie, Stalker, Veteran, etc.) with the exception of the Master difficulty tier. With this mod, Master difficulty can make even the least amounts of damage kill you instantly. I frequently play on this difficulty and I have implemented that into this mod for those who may be seeking a challenge.
- On all tiers of difficulty, explosives will always remain deadly. This means that missiles, grenades and explosive barrels are able to kill you without error. I have only added this just for that additional measure of realism as it is extremely unlikely that any human being will survive an explosion. Throughout my many tests of this mod, I have not encountered any issues in this area that will break the game. Explosives will also kill NPC characters instantly, too.
- The loading screens have been altered to contribute towards building that Fallout theme; while the only present changes can be found in their text, there are some hints, tips and tricks to be found in these loading screens. Pay attention to them and you might learn something new.
- The character portraits in this mod do not affect the player's character model.
- Some of the default S.T.A.L.K.E.R. outfits for the Outfit Addon mod (i.e. the Sunrise Exoskeleton) have been kept in the game with this mod. This only applies to a few of the game's outfits; I have made the decision to retain a balance between the presence of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. outfits and the Fallout outfits to allow this mod to appeal to the diverse preferences of our lovely little community.
- Most of the visual assets (i.e. inventory icons and character portraits) were taken from Fallout 4.
- The default main menu music for Call of Chernobyl has been replaced with the main menu music from Fallout 4. The default combat music for Call of Chernobyl, which can be heard by enabling the dynamic music option via the game's settings, has also been replaced with the combat music from Fallout 4.
- This mod only works with the STCoP weapon mod.
- The character models are not altered by the outfits in this mod. For instance, if a player was to equip power armor, their character's model would not change to a suit of power armor.
- A few of the lootable items do not have descriptions on them; this issue is relatively minor and I may issue a patch to this site for this mod in the future to change this. However, this is not on my priority list at all as this does not affect the game in any way.
- When an NPC fires a laser weapon, the player may hear that same weapon being fired as if they were in close proximity of the NPC that is wielding that weapon.
- Any inventory items that you may drop while using this mod will always have their original meshes and models. For instance, energy drinks have now been turned into Nuka-Cola, but if you was to drop this item at any point you would still see the energy drink model.
1. Extract the .zip file that is associated with this mod.
2. Copy the gamedata folder from the extracted .zip folder.
3. Make a backup copy of your current gamedata folder.
4. Replace your current gamedata folder with the gamedata folder that is associated with this mod. Remember to back your files up!
5. Fire up Call of Chernobyl and enjoy. Remember to have fun with it! Please tell me about your experiences with this mod.
In order to successfully make this mod, I was required to consult a variety of external sources. This includes the use of any visual assets in this mod, such as it's character portraits and inventory icons. The inventory icons were edited by me using Paint.NET. I do not take any credit for the imagery that can be found in this mod's character portraits and inventory icons; I am only responsible for putting these together to make this mod. On top of this, I was also required to utilize the STCoP weapon pack to make this mod. Since I was very familiar with that mod, I had decided to use that as a great starting point to make this mod. I do not take credit for making that mod, neither.
In summary, I am only responsible for putting together this mod and adjusting this coding. I was not responsible for making the assets that were used within this mod. This mod took me around two months to make. I hope I have made this clear to everyone. If you have made it this far, then I would like to thank you for taking some time out of your day to read this and I hope you have a nice day.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.
that guitar meelee tho
Do a Metro one now
Metro would be awesome definitely.
I haven't played the Metro games in years, nor am I familiar with their lore. However, I've been thinking about giving them a go for a while now.
The Duty outfit can be changed to a the Ranger outfit
post a video of it if you can
If anyone is having any issues with this mod at all, please voice your concerns here in the comments section and I will try to come up with a solution. Have fun, folks! :)
Another stalker needs our help. Here, I'll mark it on your PDA
I still have ptsd from terrible Betatesta fallouts
better than fallout 76 beta
no textures in the river
lights are glitchy there
2d pop-in trees
garbage like their bags
younger than their engine
oh no here comes another freeze
Country rooooooads take Todd hoooooome, 'cause he's druunk, don't you have phoooones?
take Todd home
"Get out of here, stalker!"
S T O P
Er, I mean... You could go play Fallout.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. > fallout forever diaf.
I agree, comrade.
"Ever wanted to drink Nuka-Cola on your trip to the CNPP?"
thats why im playing stalker and not fallout