Customizable crosshairs. Chose different crosshairs for different situations. Adjustable size. Optional size with target distance. Includes a colorblind friendly IFF system that changes the crosshair shape based on target hostility. Modular support for additional crosshairs by other artists, instructions in archive.
Ascendant Crosshairs, or AscendantXHairs for the fancy 90's kids. (AXH for short)
If you want to be able to customize your crosshair however you want, now you can.
Want better color? More crosshair texture options? Switch size on-the-fly? Even more crosshair texture options?
Now you can have it!
AscendantXHairs is a mod made with "User Accessibility" in mind.
The mod by default starts with some basic but effective crosshairs, such as the classic dot, the original "round" from the STALKER series games and the Bullseye.
Color, Size, Texture, Toggleability...Anything possible and in mind is indeed possible.
And with "User Accessibility" in mind, you CAN add any custom crosshairs that you want.
Please refer to the "MODDING GUIDE" to learn how to.
Simply extract the "gamedata" folder into your STALKER Anomaly directory.
To access the Crosshair Options, you have to start a game (or load one) and then go to Settings/AscendantXHairs
All options have information on what they do.
In case you want to know them now before playing and the like:
- TOGGLE. Simply toggles the crosshair, available for all 3. This is for those that, for example, only want the Holster crosshair and no Combat crosshair or reverse.
- TEXTURE. Selects which Crosshair texture it will use. There is no limit here.
- DYNAMIC. IN THE WORKS, for now this makes it so the crosshair changes in size-by-distance. This is similar to what the original STALKER crosshair uses.
- SIZE. Sets the size, limited from 5 to 500. Default is 50. Values above 100 are for 3k+ displays.
- COLOR. This is changed in the UI/HUD options.
- The in-game crosshair and all of its options work fine alongside the custom crosshairs. If you wish to turn off the base game crosshair, check the "Ignore Game Crosshair visibility" option
Color Blind IFF:
X "Dynamic" for now is only size-by-distance, it won't work like a real dynamic crosshair where the bars grow depending on recoil and accuracy.
X A "Smart" crosshair is planned.
- AXH was based on 16:9, specifically, 1920x1080 (1080p). It should work on 16:10 and 4:3 but may not be "perfect".
AXH was made with compatibility, versatility and user-friendly UI in mind.
If something does not work, or you found some incompatibility, please do make sure to tell by PMing me (RavenAscendant) through Moddb, or simply making a comment.
Please make a comment in the Moddb page itself for feedback.
If it's important, like you want to use it on another mod or you want to edit it, send a PM in Moddb.
You are allowed to use all of the textures made by Blackgrowl, as base for another crosshair, as long as it's explicitly stated and made to be for Ascendant Crosshairs mod itself and you credit both authors.
Scripts are made by me, "RavenAscendant", with the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 License.