Scaled progression balance. Read description. Read description.
This addon requires you to install additional addons to make the balance fully functional.
Also this addon sacrifices a bit of realism in order to create a better progression balance.
This addon is designed to work best for factions that start at the very south of the map.
NEW GAME NOT REQUIRED BUT VERY RECOMMENDED.
The Problems this addon attempts to solve
- Currently there is a progression gap or progression spike problem, where you start as a nobody with a PM, run up to limask to drop some monolith soldiers and you are fully geared ready to take on endgame content.
- Trader supply is endless, there is no shortage on anything.
- Monolith soldiers are loot piñatas.
- Too many toolkits.
- This addon creates a tiered progression system and ties the appearance of items to those tiers.
- Locations are tied to a specific tier, starting with Cordon as lowest tier and it gradually progresses up north with Chernobyl NPP as one of the highest tiers.
- The further up you go the better the gear drops will be, this includes weapons, scopes and ammo.
Enviromental PSI irradiation/exposure
- Demo Videos
- To stop the player from progressing too quickly, the player has to pay an "opportunity cost".
- This cost is an important part of the balance.
- The higher up you go, the better the loot becomes and with it comes an increasingly higher cost. PSI exposure.
- The player, without proper protection, will accumulate PSI irradiation due to the exposure.
- A new crafting system is introduced to make medicine that will combat this effect.
- Symptoms of a dose of PSI irradiation are eye blurrines, black white vision and various other visual malfunctions.
- As a note: Originally I intended to implement sound distortion and health degeneration to this, but decided against it for now.
Other ways of PSI mitigation
- Cigarettes, tabacco, joints, cigares
- Staying inside of a building
- To mitigate increasingly higher PSI levels you need to craft medications that are tiered as well.
- Lower tier meds are cheap to come by, higher tier meds are more difficult to get.
- At game start you are now given a drug making kit, some jars and syringes.
- Currently there is a bug that prevents this. Please use the spawner to give yourself the items.
- The first thing you need to craft is a sterile syringe (from a syringe and alcohol) and some Enzyme A (from alcohol, meat, coffaine and a plastic jar).
- With this you can start crafting PSI protective medication. You will need Enzyme B that is contained in various mutant parts like livers and eyes.
- To craft high tier medication you need high tier mutant parts. Parts from dogs are low tier while parts from burers, pseudo giands and controllers are the highest tier.
- Note that parts are lacking proper descriptions like what tier you can craft with certain part.
Additional notes regarding balance
- Tools can not longer be found in random stashes. They can still be found in reward stashes, like from quest rewards or PDA's.
- Grenades are currenly cut out from drop lists. This will be fixed later.
- There is a bug that give you 2 Drug making kits at game start instead of one. (not a big deal regarding the overall balance)
- Update to this: there is a bug that spawns more kits so I had to disable the spwaning script. If you can't find Drug kits, feel free to use the spawner to get one. (F7-1)
- Currently there is a bug that prevents the spawning script to work correctly:
- Please make sure you use the spawner to spawn a drug making kit, 2 jars and 2 syringes at the beginning of you playtrough.
- Grenade drops are currently disabled (will fix this later)
- Before crafting, right click on the crafting items and click seperate. The crafting script does not account for multi-use items. (yep later)
- Some text and item descriptions are missing
- DO NOT install any trader overhaul addons as they would ruin the balance
- DO NOT START with an assault rifle or a scoped rifle (Recommendation)
INSTALLATION in order:
Highly recomended addons (gonna add links later):
- JSRS Cracks and Impact
- JSRS Sound Overhaul 3.3
- Misery Boots
- Soundscape Overhaul
- Body Health System v3.4
- Anomaly Claim Loot
- Mod - Anomaly Radios Extended
- removed the spawning of medical equpment for the time being