On this year’s 8th of August the XXIX. Olympic Summer Games, which take place in Peking, will start.
The act of getting ready for this event started months ago and a lot of people prepare this event. But not only there also here in our, for sure a little bit smaller, community some persons are working for the I. Wop-Lympic Summer Games 2008.
A Team around MarXer see it as their job to organise everything: Building the maps for the different disciplines, designing the logos and creating a detailed flowchart.
On Sunday evening at 8 o’clock (p.m.) the Games will begin festively.
The termination of the ceremony:
1. The participants will enter the server and search for a place, where they don’t block the way to the fire kettle.
2. The president of the IWC (International WOP-Lympic Committe) - MarXer – will hold a speech.
3. The Games will inaugurate.
4. The kettle will inflame.
5. One player will go to the kettle and pledge a ceremonial oath.
6. One arbitrator will go to the kettle and pledge a ceremonial oath.
7. Artistic program under the lead of Fntstc.
In the next 7 days you can proof yourself in the following disciplines:
- Wop-Football: 2 teams, which each 4 players, will play against each other.
The teams try, like in a real football match, to kick as much as possible goals and to defend their own goal (with waterpower out of a splasher) as effective as possible.
- Strafing: This discipline will be played in an easy version first and later in the final in a harder version. You have to jump right, than left, dann right again and so on. You'll see that you will become faster and faster. Finger nimbleness is a plus in this discipline.
- Ice-Hurdles-Run: You have to run a certain distance and try to take at least as possible damage from the hindrances. Just to be speedy seems to be not enough; you have to run with the right tactic, haven’t you?
- Last but not least: Puchy-Masters-Fun: A room, some power-ups, a lot of players, who are armed with Punchies: Definitely the discipline with the most "bite".
All maps for the Wop-Lympic Games are downloadable. You can find the links in the Wop-Lympia-Forum: Padman.phpbb3now.com .
Last point in the program on the last day will be the awards ceremony.
Finally an annotation: All registrations have to send in to the 27th of August in 2008 (5 o’clock p.m.)
So let the games begin!