Forgotten Empires 2.0 is ready for download. This release comes with a lot of new stuff and many balance tweaks and bug fixes! Here's an overview of the most notable changes:
Expanded Language Support
Forgotten Empires 2.0 is supporting an imposing sum of eight different languages. Visit the official web page to pick your favourite out of Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified, Spanish, German, French, Russian and Italian. The installation process is very quick and simple. Moreover, it is very likely that further language files will be published in the future!
Massive Maximum Population Limit
Thanks to the accomplishments of the UserPatch 1.1, Forgotten Empires 2.0 enables you to boost the population limit up to 1000 units per player. The battlefield can get very crowded, especially in teamgames, so take care!
After thorough discussion and testing the team finally tweaked several numbers. Expect further changes in the future!
- (Elite) Magyar Huszars -1 attack
- (Elite) Magyar Huszars -2 bonus attack vs Siege
- (Elite) Kamayuks -0.05 speed (slightly slower than most UU, slightly faster than champs)
- Elephant Archers -50 HP
- (Elite) Elephant Archers +1 pierce armor
- (Elite) Elephant Archers +0.1 speed
- (Elite) Elephant Archers -2 bonus attack vs buildings
- Elite Plumed Archers -1 range (like other UU archers)
- Indians Villager bonus: 10% 15% 20% 25% (from Dark to Imp)
- Indians receive Faith
- Indians receive Heated Shot
- Indians lose Treadmill Crane
- Indians Fishermen bonus reduced to +15% and +15 carry capacity (from 25% / +25)
- Indians team bonus changed (+5 attack vs. buildings instead of +1 armor)
- Slavs lose Bracer
- Slavs receive Plate Mail Armor
- Slavs receive Heavy Cavalry Archer
- Yasama extra arrows -1
- Berserkergang cost 850 food, 400 gold (from 500 food, 850 gold)
- Ironclad -1 extra armor
- Incas receive banking
- Elite Boyars 14 base attack instead of 16 (it was meant & tested like this)
Various Bug Fixes
Major and minor problems have been solved. For the entire list of corrections visit the official Bug & Balance list.