To combat difficulty, I decided to add the ability to gain health from monsters. When you destroy a monster, a heart will drop at a rate of 20% I had tested it at 33% but this was far too easy and the game lost it's 'survival' feel real quick. Below is a picture of the heart drop:
Here's another shot of the heart:
And a close-up:
In addition, I also tweeked the HUD a bit to indicate the true values of the player stats:
Change Log (v0.8):
- Added a "Mute Music" option for video recording.
- Tweaked the main theme song a bit.
- Added a 20% chance to get a heart from killing an enemy.
- You can now save inside of shops.
- Resized the dropped heart.
- Added a falling animation to hearts.
- Added a counter inside the Jewel Bag.
- Fixed a bug that wouldn't let you buy items at rare occasions.
- Added a pop sound when an enemy drops a heart.
- The pop sound is also played when you pick up a heart.
- Made trees spawn less dense.
- Added xp number indicator.
- Sometimes the map spawns a black empty spot where the shop was.
- Mac users cannot hear the song.
Thanks for checking this game out, I hope you enjoy it.