ZM: Reborn Alpha 1 has been released. Hopefully it has been worth the weight.
- Rewritten from scratch.
- Fixes, fixes and more fixes.
- Better performance. (don't give me all the credit, it's 2013, ya know...)
- Easier to use FGD for mappers.
Plans for the future:
- Better method of showing objectives on the screen. Say goodbye to game_text. This is goal numba one.
- Implement the missing old mechanics.
- Fancier HUD. Say goodbye to stock HL2 hud.
- And eventually, replace old assets. (can't fully promise this one)
So... it's alpha... what's missing?
- The objectives screen. (the planned objectives hud will eventually replace it)
- Few ZM abilities: defensive mode/ambush/zombie groups (which was broken in the original anyway)
- Zombie pathing may not be up to snuff.
- Player model panel doesn't work. (blame Steampipe for this one)
Why release it now?
Zombie Master has been dead for a while, but a dedicated group of players have kept it alive. I believe that new updates will keep new players interested while letting the old, dedicated players finally rest easy on the new engine. + Free playtesting is also neat. :^)
I want to help, what do I do?
How do I setup Hammer/Dedicated server?
Tutorials will be posted soon.