If modification is not running
- Make sure that you are installed mod according to instructions;
- On Windows Vista, 7 and newer game must be started in Windows XP compatibility mode;
- Disable (in «Properties» of shortcut or exe-file) «desktop composition» and «visual themes»;
- If you see message about lacking of DLL-files, read ReadMe;
- In some cases mod cannot be started because of problems with codecs (connected with startup logos that made as videofiles), try to rename or delete movies folder in game folder;
- Can help reset of settings, for this you need to delete gta.set in saves folder.
Martha's Mug Shot mission problem (was fixed after April 7, 2015)
Problem with Martha's Mug Shot mission, where you must to do shots with politician (black screen after cutscene) is connected with absence of correct camera files.
After April 7, 2015 mod was re-uploaded on Mod DB and this problem fixed, you can just download it again and reinstall (you can reinstall mod even over the previous variant).
You also can solve a problem manually: with IMG Tool extract camera.dff and camera.txd from gta3.img file from clean game, then open gta3.img in Winter Mod folder, find camera.dff, delete it, make rebuild, import exported files from clean game and make rebuild.
Diaz gang at Vercetti Estate in Freeride mode (was fixed after June 2, 2015)
Aspect, that it cannot be named as a bug, but it is not consistent to idea. As you remember, according to the storyline, Tommy takes away from Diaz his mansion (where Diaz gang is located, inimical to Tommy); after that this mansion became Vercetti Estate (where Tommy's gang is located). In Freeride mode instead of Tommy's gang in the mansion was still a Diaz gang.
After June 2 2015 mod was re-uploaded on Mod DB and this problem was fixed, you can just download it again and reinstall (you can reinstall mod even over the previous variant).
If you playing with original 2013 version of the mod, you can download huge update (Winter Mod (update — from 3.0 to 3.0 Updated)); after this update your 2013 version become updated edition. But be better do download just newest version from Mod DB, because and 3.0 updated was changed few times.
- If when you trying to change Tommy's cutscene skin on winter variant, IMG Tool write that file is too big, delete old one before and then add new texture.
- If cars became white — reinstall the mod.
- Bandicam (and possible other such programs) is conflict with graphics libraries in Winter Mod and them are not work (as result, some graphics features from the mod are not work). Run firstly Winter Mod and after this Bandicam (not in another order).
- (Not problem of the mod too). If after mod's installation 3ds Max 9 (64 bit) not works, this is can be connected with DLL that was changed by DirectX installer; replace d3dx9_26.dll on this one from this archive.
- If you have problems with missions, you can install two copies of the game: with original game and with Winter Mod; try to pass mission in original game and then continue story in Winter Mod.
Winter Mod 3.0 is incredibly stable modification and its confirmed by the record of complete game walkthrough (GTA: Vice City + Winter Mod 3.0). No one game crash or some other problems for a lot of days storyline walkthrough!
Thanks and have a nice game!
History of mod's (3.0 updated) changes
- December 31, 2014 (January 3, 2015 on Mod DB): first archive with 3.0 updated version;
- January 10, 2015: fixed some installer glitches: mod is no more added in «Programs and Features» list (if you want, you can delete mod from this list with CCleaner or another utility); now size of the installer is smaller (on 122 Mb; used some tricks for better compression);
- April 7, 2015: fixed problem with Martha's Mug Shot mission;
- June 2, 2015: fixed problems with Diaz gang in Freeride mode and Havana Outfit (also was improved model of Havana clothes store); all bands are now subordinated to Tommy in Freeride mode;
- December 29, 2016: improved ReadMe, fixed misprint on the loading screen, improved alpha textures in generic.txd.