UVLoD v1.40 - Uber Quests and World Event enabled for LoD v1.13d in Single/Multi Player -

Forum Thread
Feedback UVLoD 2.0 (Games : Diablo II: Lord of Destruction : Mods : UVLoD : Forum : Feedback : Feedback UVLoD 2.0 ) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 18 2017 Anchor

Creating a thread for UVLoD 2.0 feedback

Fireaway....

THK
THK
Apr 18 2017 Anchor

I have a question regarding the bugfixes. I'm new to this mod, but the main reason why I installed it is to get rid of CoS crash bug - that's been around since forever.

Since you managed to solve something that Blizz kept for ages, would it be possible for you to release, let's say, nothing more but a patch that fixes bugs, without ANY modifications to the game (inv, merc inv, stash, stacking, etc.)? In essence, a 100% vanilla "bugfix only" mpq file, just like official Patch_D2.mpq. Or, simply add more switches to the .ini file.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Apr 18 2017 Anchor

Hi,

Its a good question, but honestly to make a decent unofficial patch to fix game bugs would take years. There's hundreds of bugs in the game. Some of the uglier bugs like client server desync from knock back are not easy to fix. Another example: how the doors open sometimes, or don't open & you can still walk through them. I read how Nefarious has been coding diablo II for 10 years fixed that bug after 5 years into coding his mod.. I've found a few vanilla bugs myself that no one else reported.

You can run the original PatchD2.mpq with this mod if you don't want (inv, merc inv, stash/stacking)
Stacking Code is transparent. And if it's not enabled inside the MPQ or with txt files then potions/Gems/Pandemonium keys wont stack/unstack.

You can partially achieve what your looking for by disabling everything in the .ini and running original PatchD2.mpq, but you will have to install that yourself manually after installing the mod. Be aware the original txt files inside the original PatchD2.mpq have broken chains that can lead to random crashes in the game.

What other switches would be useful to you for the .ini file?

=)

Edited by: devurandom96

THK
THK
Apr 18 2017 Anchor

Well, the primary concern is to fix bugs that crash the game (mostly CoS). I don't care much about other bugs that don't. In fact, the only instance in which my game crashed is the CoS bug, and two random crashes on the same location in Dry Hills (Act 2). But since I reinstalled the game, those Dry Hills crashes were gone. Note that I used Sven's Glide Wrapper when those Dry Hills crashes occured, but I don't think the wrapper caused them (error log showed something about error in some MPQ files).

In short, for start I would like to have pure LoD without CoS crash bug.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.