Uplink OS is a total graphical modification to 2001's indie cult hit Uplink: Trust is a Weakness by Introversion Software. It aims to bring a fresh look to the game's cyberpunk visuals and a much needed upgrade to its interface and usability.

Forum Thread
[101] The connection was interrupted by an unknown error (Games : Uplink - Trust is a Weakness : Mods : Uplink OS : Forum : BUGS : [101] The connection was interrupted by an unknown error) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 19 2017 Anchor

First off I'd like to say I'm really enjoying your mod! I sat down and didn't get up for like 6 hours.

That being said, I'm running into an error while trying to login. When I press login I get this message and am unable to play

Here's my debug.log and this is my user profile.

Please save me! I don't want to lose my progress :(

Jan 21 2017 Anchor

Aw shucks... The file got busted. :( I can't find what's causing this and it drives me out of my mind >_<

Can you look, in Uplink's root folder, in the temp folder and see if the file there is bigger than 1-2kb?
Also, there should be another temp save file in the users folder ("Toofus.tmp"). Can you check that too?

So sorry about your progress >_<

Jan 22 2017 Anchor

I am also having this issue with the screen shot provided above.

From your questions Cpt.McBacon the userstmp folder is empty and the temp save is 1kb.

This is running on my laptop details below;

WIndows 7 Home

i5 processor @2.4ghz

6gb of ram

integrated Intel HD gfx.

I was about 1-2 hours in where I did enough lvl 2-3 missions to buy a few upgrades. I bought a processor upgrade and waited several hours (in game) to buy zion-780 workstation. Once the message came up that the processor was available I waited for the workstation than restarted the game. I went to log back in and that's when I got the error.

I will try several different things to see if I can get it to replicate. Is there a way to get the debug system to generate more detailed information other than just general loading points?

Edit : Right off the bat I started a new user and connected to internal service system and quit the game to the login screen. I logged in with no issues. I went to the interNIC and bookmarked all public servers, logged out and closed to desktop. I opened the game back up and attempted to log in and I got the error.

Ok I think I found out what was breaking the game; for me at least. The issue relates to the pause window and signing out. When I click on pause on the top left the window the normal message says that the game is paused. However, if I press on the ESC key the pop up goes away and the game is still paused and the paused icon is still lit. I signed out and shut down to desktop and reopened. When I tried to access that user the error would come up.

I created several other users and tried a few different combinations. No pause with save game or Sign out or Shut down works fine. Game paused with Save game and Shut down works. Game Paused with Sign out fails. If I avoid this combination the game runs fine so far. I will make a new user and continue playing trying other things to see if i can get this to replicate deeper in the game.

Edited by: redlazer453

Jan 23 2017 Anchor

Thanks a lot redlazer453! Your tests really help a lot and give me some starting point to find the issue!

Really, you guys never cease to amaze me. :) If it weren't for you, it would've taken me another year to test and fix everything by myself, haha!

Will look into it ASAP. Cheers!

PS: This doesn't mean you shouldn't keep sending them in, haha!

Holy sh*t! This was it!

If the user logged off while the game was somehow paused, the game wouldn't save, resulting in the loss of data. This was tied to the pop-up because, when pausing and using a key to get out of the pop-up, the game didn't continue as normal and was still in pause!

FIXED! :D Added a thank-you-token in the agent list, redlazer453 ;)

Looks like the next version will be GOLD! I couldn't be happier!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.