Swarm Keeper is a Dungeon Keeper inspired modification for Alien Swarm. It offers the following features: Build a dungeon for your creatures (aliens), imps which perform tasks for you (like digging blocks away, collecting gold), a portal through which creatures enter your dungeon, different room types (treasure, lair, hatchery and training), a dungeon heart, which must be protected from enemies and invading marines as enemies.
This mod should be considered as an experiment to bring a Dungeon Keeper like game to the Source Engine.
Swarm Keeper 0.45
- Rooms can now be created by dragging a square at the target area with your mouse
- Fixed fonts not scaled with the screen resolution
- Added fog of war (WIP)
- Decreased spawning rate grubs/food
- Increased rate at which creatures enter your dungeon
- Free gold dropped by gold blocks are now merged with nearby gold entities (to reduce the entity count and improve performance)
- Optimized various network variables
- Player tiles are now dynamically team colored
- Keyboard control menu now has an option to separately configurate the bindings for the strategy and creature possesion modes.
- Added initial support for multiplayer. Joining an existing public game will dynamically add a heart + portal to the map.
- Removed deferred rendering option (might return later)
For the 3rd year running the time has come to kick off Mod Appreciation Week 2017 and talk about our favorite mods. To thank those from our community who participate in spreading the love and awareness, we have partnered up with some friends of Mod DB and have a bunch of Steam keys to giveaway:
Nothing is more motivating than knowing something you've built is being enjoyed by others. So this week if there is a mod you love on Mod DB (or anywhere else), make the effort to shout out to them, mention and link their mod in a tweet, blog, forum or facebook post with the hashtag #modlove2017
After you have linked to a mod in a tweet, blog, forum or facebook post, let us know by leaving a comment with a link to your post. At the end of the week we shall be picking a few members at random who followed these rules, and will send them a key from one of the above games.
Your comment action was successful. When a comment is deleted all replies to the comment will be removed as well. Because you are an admin, you can click the \"view deleted\" link above to view deleted comments in-case you wish to undelete them in the future. If this was a mistake, click the link again to reverse the change.